Current time: 26/04/2024, 09:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Don't think it was said anywhere that the fuel comparison was specifically for the X8? More to do with how they fared against Scanias/Volvos on the 1/2 etc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Well while the fuel trials were going on, it was stated that MANs would be used on the X8. Then all of a sudden ADLs Enviro300s turned up. A full tank of fuel on an ADL Enviro300 would last about 3/4 days out on the X8, would be interesting to see what the MANs would be like.
I don't recall anyone saying MANs were the plan...just that they'd be the oldest single decks (and therefore using one line of logic, the most likely to leave) at Gillmoss.
(02/11/2014 19:02)mbonwick Wrote:  I don't recall anyone saying MANs were the plan...just that they'd be the oldest single decks (and therefore using one line of logic, the most likely to leave) at Gillmoss.

I know 100% that MANs were the plan
Volvo B7RLE 21261 on the X8 this afternoon, makes a nice change.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just got off scabby dart 34597 on X8

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
21120 was parked in Chester last night
Now we get to the time of the year when every man , women , dog and cat descends on Cheshire Oaks , now we get to see how resilent the timetable is of both the service 1 and the X8.

I do think Cheshire Oaks made a rod for there own back by forcing all the buses to go round Cheshire Oaks the one way , good for passengers because they know where to stand but not for traffic management when everybody wants to leave at the same time .
Has anyone seen the two 04 plate solars recently GMG and GNU? Also has 28552 still in overall open livery?

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(09/11/2014 17:59)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Has anyone seen the two 04 plate solars recently GMG and GNU? Also has 28552 still in overall open livery?

All of the above on the 1 today, yes 28552 still covered with golf.

Cheshire oaks was gridlocked this afternoon, car parks full so barriers closed, some 1s where 20 minutes late.

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)