Current time: 04/05/2024, 08:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(20/10/2014 22:18)Benzo Wrote:  Spotted this ALX200 dart heading towards Hadfield Station about 15:40 this afternoon with school students onboard.
Usually a Smiths of Marple bus appears here at this time

Looks fresh from the paintshop.
No stagecoach decals, legals, fleet numbers. A faulty side LED display

[Image: 20141020_1542081_zps48b59b27.jpg]

Benzo its one of two ALX Darts acquired by Smiths for use on school services in Glossop.
R150CRW is now in Smiths smart livery of white and blue while R153CRW is being used in full Stagecoach livery with fleetnames removed. Both have working front LED destination displays.
Not sure what's happened to the very elderly Olympian's which I haven't seen since the end of summer term in July, these two Darts and coaches now work Glossopdale college although the ex Arriva double and single decker's make odd appearance's.

As neither of these Darts have ever worked for Stagecoach Manchester apologies to those who are slightly confused Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks for the info and reg mayneway. Couldnt find any information online about these ALX200s being part of Smiths of Marple.
I think that Smiths should have been wise enough to have got rid of the Stagecoach livery before using it; considering Stagecoach's presence in Glossop.
(21/10/2014 09:11)Benzo Wrote:  Thanks for the info and reg mayneway. Couldnt find any information online about these ALX200s being part of Smiths of Marple.

No problem Benzo.
They came from one of the Barnsley scrapyards apparently so wen under the radar slightly. They arrived in July but obviously only managed to paint one before start of the new school term.
(21/10/2014 09:16)YSV-205 Wrote:  I think that Smiths should have been wise enough to have got rid of the Stagecoach livery before using it; considering Stagecoach's presence in Glossop.

Couldn't agree more. It is a little confusing, espically as the school services follow part of the 236/237 route at the time they are due lol I'm guessing a few more people double take as I did when I first spotted it.

Carnt imagine Stageoach are happy about it.
Apparently it should be painted next week while the kids are off school.
[Image: 15421769317_a6ba6bc634.jpg]

Clicky for full size, but 28506 is out and about again. She was NOT in service at that shot, and might not be for a few days yet. But I'm getting a ride on her as soon as she reappears in service, don't care where she's going, as long as I've got enough time to get back to college Big Grin
(23/10/2014 13:07)joe_alker Wrote:  [Image: 15421769317_a6ba6bc634.jpg]

Clicky for full size, but 28506 is out and about again. She was NOT in service at that shot, and might not be for a few days yet. But I'm getting a ride on her as soon as she reappears in service, don't care where she's going, as long as I've got enough time to get back to college Big Grin

That's interesting. I noticed last week when reading the latest fleetcard that both were in reserve at Ashton rather than withdrawn so I'm wondering if 28507 is roadworthy too.

Carnt see what use they would be at Ashton though so I wonder if thier going back to Middleton.

Got to say though they have more lives than cats these two lol
(23/10/2014 13:52)Mayneway Wrote:  That's interesting. I noticed last week when reading the latest fleetcard that both were in reserve at Ashton rather than withdrawn so I'm wondering if 28507 is roadworthy too.

Carnt see what use they would be at Ashton though so I wonder if thier going back to Middleton.

Got to say though they have more lives than cats these two lol

28507 needs quite a bit of work to be roadworthy, as I visited last week.

[Image: 15422103648_0c87d23812.jpg]
(23/10/2014 13:56)joe_alker Wrote:  28507 needs quite a bit of work to be roadworthy, as I visited last week.

[Image: 15422103648_0c87d23812.jpg]

Maybe not then Smile
Enviro200 36096 operating on the 141 this morning.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)