Current time: 04/05/2024, 05:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(19/10/2014 12:32)joe_alker Wrote:  Considering how the 168/9 has had hybrids on in the past, and several other routes, even the 231 once when it was due to be run by AZ but a hybrid ended up on it one evening.

Hybrids were a regular sight on the 231's on Saturdays when it was run by HE. Obviously if the 219 and some Hybrids move to AZ it might well be that their interworked with 231's or 216's so Hybrids could appear elsewhere.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/10/2014 12:59)Mayneway Wrote:  Hybrids were a regular sight on the 231's on Saturdays when it was run by HE. Obviously if the 219 and some Hybrids move to AZ it might well be that their interworked with 231's or 216's so Hybrids could appear elsewhere.

Logically any interworkings would be 216 with 219, as they both have similar running times, and they would switch over at Ashton probably.
(19/10/2014 13:33)Dentonian Wrote:  I think this thread is drifting a bit geographically speaking. Firstly, I'm not sure what route learning with a Solo has to do with converting a route to (partial) hybrid operation.

As regards the original suggestion of hybrids moving to AZ to allow them to run all 219s; don't forget the original 20 HE hybrids are for 219 *and* 197, with a pvr split of about 12 and 8. Therefore, IF Hybrids were to move to AZ, then surely only about 12 would move, which equally would mean little scope for interworking with 216 & 231 etc.

All I can say is that if the hybrids move, it's 70% certain that they will end up all over the place.
(19/10/2014 13:33)Dentonian Wrote:  I think this thread is drifting a bit geographically speaking. Firstly, I'm not sure what route learning with a Solo has to do with converting a route to (partial) hybrid operation.

As regards the original suggestion of hybrids moving to AZ to allow them to run all 219s; don't forget the original 20 HE hybrids are for 219 *and* 197, with a pvr split of about 12 and 8. Therefore, IF Hybrids were to move to AZ, then surely only about 12 would move, which equally would mean little scope for interworking with 216 & 231 etc.

No one mentioned converting a route to Hybrid operation, as the 219 is already Hybrid operated. Joe was simply asking if Hybrids would appear on other AZ services IF any do indeed end up at Ashton. The solo was mentioned as AZ seem to be training up a lot of new drivers at the moment which would indicate they may be gaining some extra work.

I do agree with you on the interworking bit though. Buses that run on the 216 normally stay on their for most of the day with drivers not buses changing at Ashton, the same would probably happen with the 219's as it does now. Sunday could see Hybrids elsewhere as their is a lot of interworking but its a game of 'wait and see'.

If the rumour I've heard this afternoon is true though it wont just be the 219 moving to AZ!
(19/10/2014 15:50)Mayneway Wrote:  If the rumour I've heard this afternoon is true though it wont just be the 219 moving to AZ!

Logically for hybrids this would mean the 197, but that's bonkers as it goes nowhere near Ashton. So it must mean the 168/9 and/or 7.
(19/10/2014 15:52)joe_alker Wrote:  Logically for hybrids this would mean the 197, but that's bonkers as it goes nowhere near Ashton. So it must mean the 168/9 and/or 7.

7 is a Stockport service so no no mention of that, but it is a service that runs to Ashton bus station but currently does driver changeovers 'mid route' Smile

Again until it actually happens though its mere speculation.
(19/10/2014 16:15)Dentonian Wrote:  Sorry, I think I confused your e-mail with m60lad's about 47001 heading towards Bury on "route learning" duties. I actually wonder if 47001 is running from the Driving School, and so training/route learning drivers for a number of depots, and the routes include Metrolink replacements if Bury is involved.

Possibly although its also been on Taxi Duties this week in Ashton and was on the 202 this afternoon.
I'm wondering if AZ are helping with the Metrolink Replacements and this could explain why 47001 has been sighted in Bury.
E400H 12196 (with 192 branding) was operating on the Metrolink replacement services from Westwood to Manchester this afternoon.
I am surprised to see 22132 shown in the latest list of buses for disposal as very recently it was operational in Stockport and sounded very good[a lot better than quite a few others including many of the 'X' 's]
Spotted this ALX200 dart heading towards Hadfield Station about 15:40 this afternoon with school students onboard.
Usually a Smiths of Marple bus appears here at this time

Looks fresh from the paintshop.
No stagecoach decals, legals, fleet numbers. A faulty side LED display

[Image: 20141020_1542081_zps48b59b27.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)