Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Didn't Arriva try a short lived 441 against First's 41, back when First started on the New Brighton services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/10/2014 23:52)jcksmnr Wrote:  Didn't Arriva try a short lived 441 against First's 41, back when First started on the New Brighton services.

Yes it ran from birkenhead to bromborough cross and carried fresh air

I am no longer active on this forum.
(17/10/2014 08:13)R879 HRF Wrote:  Yes it ran from birkenhead to bromborough cross and carried fresh air

The equivalent of the service up Woodchurch Road was the 470 , but didn't go into the Woodchurch Estate , but instead went directly to Arrowe Park Hospital , but was another route just to carry fresh air .
34816 is the first of 5 darts to come to Chester to replace 5 of the 04 plate darts that are going for scrap. 34602 is the first to go. Will try to keep posting what ones are coming and going as the week goes on.
(20/10/2014 15:23)Shaun821 Wrote:  34816 is the first of 5 darts to come to Chester to replace 5 of the 04 plate darts that are going for scrap. 34602 is the first to go. Will try to keep posting what ones are coming and going as the week goes on.

04 reg , not a very long life for these then

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(20/10/2014 16:10)Penny Return Wrote:  04 reg , not a very long life for these then

Indeed. Ten years is not that old for an ADL-built bus. Perhaps they will go for re-sale rather than scrap. I'm sure Avon would be happy to take a close look at them. Then again, they may need engine replacements to qualify to for further use.
04 is very early for SC to scrap vehicles, personally can't see it, more like transfer somewhere or sales. There are plenty of older vehicles still going in other areas.
(20/10/2014 16:43)MPTE1955 Wrote:  04 is very early for SC to scrap vehicles, personally can't see it, more like transfer somewhere or sales. There are plenty of older vehicles still going in other areas.

Transfer is more than likely - going on the amount of non-DDA Darts still kicking about.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The engines on them are knackered. 34596 got a new engine put in last month so I think that will stay, but the likes of 34602 and 34603, they are knackered. And as for 34600, that hasnt moved out of the bodyshop sinse about March.
(20/10/2014 15:23)Shaun821 Wrote:  34816 is the first of 5 darts to come to Chester to replace 5 of the 04 plate darts that are going for scrap. 34602 is the first to go. Will try to keep posting what ones are coming and going as the week goes on.

They have V138DND, X265USH, Y961/2YBU have long travelling and life than 04Plate Darts what a shame, use local service not long distance. I know that I've heard that V138 and X265 will be withdrawn very soon but not know when.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)