Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
27779 doesn't seem to be able to display anything on its front Hanover display this morning, probably programmed with an incorrect size.

[Image: 20140908_082642.jpg]

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/09/2014 00:44)gka472l Wrote:  17491 was in the yard at Rock Ferry on Sunday afternoon.

HTH

It's still here now, and appears to have Been on schools

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
27780 is in service on the X8 today so is at Chester

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80127860@N03/14990290157/
If the X8 is being marketed as fast in the route advertising why not brand the buses on the service 1 as slow .
(08/09/2014 15:26)wirralbus Wrote:  If the X8 is being marketed as fast in the route advertising why not brand the buses on the service 1 as slow .

i`d hardly describe the X8 as fast, so if that is what Stagecoach call fast perhaps route 1 could have a giant snail on the side !
i caught the x8 today from liverpool to ellesmere port, passengers on with me were impressed how quick the journey took, we arrived in the port 30 mins after leaving liverpool, i can see this being a busy route before too long especially at christmas, bus went very well on m53 also
(08/09/2014 15:26)wirralbus Wrote:  If the X8 is being marketed as fast in the route advertising why not brand the buses on the service 1 as slow .

LOL
(08/09/2014 18:39)Busser Wrote:  LOL

No that's getting a new branding too "Around the world in 80 bus stops" Laugh
They left themselves open for all them sort of jokes with that on the bus .
I sampled the new X8 service today & was most impressed. The Enviro 300's have some grunt on the motorway sections & it's hard to believe that until a few weeks ago, they were plodding up & down Stanley Road, Bootle on the 53's..!!

Was much less impressed with the driver of the early X2 from Chester who decided to miss my stop by blasting down the A5116 in the outside lane at around 40 mph overtaking everything in sight. That caused me to be around an hour late into work today! Dodgy

A few observations about the X8 today;
  • The drivers appear to be setting down passengers at some stops that aren't listed in the publicity.
  • There seems to be quite a bit of slack in the schedules
  • Early days, but I think the publicity push Stagecoach have done around Chester has resulted in people using the new service from day 1.
Hopefully, this will generate more custom on the route & in time, the schedules tweaked to better reflect the ability of the 300's.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)