Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Yes looks like it will be the 15 Saughall to Chester then the bus will change its number to 21 and go to Frodsham. Rumours around Chester are that Stagecoach are also very interested in GHAs 82 to Northwich.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I would just like to say that GHA would only let a service go to another company if there wasn't many passengers using it, and plus i could never see stagecoach taking the 82 from GHA!
SC are a huge company remember, so if they wanted to muscle in on a smaller companies route they could, just by competing so not much could stop them other than passengers decking to stick with the current firm and not use SC's.
Its nice to see Stagecoach ruffle a few feathers in Chester and on the Wirral, something first didn't really bother with

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
First just wanted the quiet life , Stagecoach have always told there managers to do something different , already you have the X22 and the upcoming X8 service , who would have thought you would have seen them services back even if the X8 maybe on a slightly differing route.
And it's got to be remembered that there are persistant rumours on this forum that Stagecoach have an interest in 'aquiring' GHA...
I'm not suggesting there's any substance to these rumours - personally I don't believe them for a minute.

Just pointing out that they are there, and keep popping up Wink
I couldnt see Stagecoach buying GHA, I cant even see them going in to North wales in the near future, especially after Wrexham is now shut. But they have got the 21 off GHA, as for the 82, maybe not take it straight off GHA, but throw maybe an X82 on? Dont forget Arriva run down that corridor as well with their 84, Stagecoach could easily muscle in and take passengers off both companies. I would even rule out them bullying GHA off the 82s and running a quality partnership with Arriva down that corridor.
(31/07/2014 19:24)Shaun821 Wrote:  I couldnt see Stagecoach buying GHA, I cant even see them going in to North wales in the near future, especially after Wrexham is now shut. But they have got the 21 off GHA, as for the 82, maybe not take it straight off GHA, but throw maybe an X82 on?

GHA already use the number X82 for a college journey, I know it doesn't mean Stagecoach couldn't register it but I thought it's worth pointing out, plus the patronage on the 82 is rather minimal outside of the peak hours.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/07/2014 19:31)R557 ABA Wrote:  GHA already use the number X82 for a college journey, I know it doesn't mean Stagecoach couldn't register it but I thought it's worth pointing out, plus the patronage on the 82 is rather minimal outside of the peak hours.

None of the big groups would touch GHA as they're basically an operation based on contracts at low cost with barely any commercial network. What is there to purchase? Their acquisition of new vehicles has gone very stale of late and now the local authorities have less money to slosh around that is unlikely to change.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)