Current time: 05/05/2024, 13:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Does it still have it's despicable me advert?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/05/2014 16:19)joe_alker Wrote:  Does it still have it's despicable me advert?

Didn't notice tbh. It hasn't broken down, the driver had forgot to make the right turn onto Knowl avenue and got lost.
I kindly explained the diversion and he was on his way, only 10 minutes late, not sure where all the passengers had gone.

Interestingly I've noticed that First have put little markers on all the lamp posts along the 409 so drivers don't get lost, but there's absolutely nothing to tell Stagecoach drivers of thier diversion.
(17/05/2014 20:29)Mayneway Wrote:  Didn't notice tbh. It hasn't broken down, the driver had forgot to make the right turn onto Knowl avenue and got lost.
I kindly explained the diversion and he was on his way, only 10 minutes late, not sure where all the passengers had gone.

Interestingly I've noticed that First have put little markers on all the lamp posts along the 409 so drivers don't get lost, but there's absolutely nothing to tell Stagecoach drivers of thier diversion.

I have only once seen a Stagecoach driver get lost and do the 409 diversion, tbh I think it was because he missed his turn at Taunton Road.
(18/05/2014 08:17)joe_alker Wrote:  I have only once seen a Stagecoach driver get lost and do the 409 diversion, tbh I think it was because he missed his turn at Taunton Road.

I've seen a couple of Stsgecoach drivers go straight down Oldham rd, get to the road work works then double back up Taunton Road but this driver seemed completely lost.

Has anybody noticed the huge sign at the traffic lights as you exit Ashton bus station?? I'm presuming quite a few 409's leaving Ashton got lost on the first few days the bridge was closed Smile
(17/05/2014 15:39)Mayneway Wrote:  17038 currently parked up at the top of Taunton Road next to bridge works. Looks like the drivers gone the wrong way and broken down Smile

I was actually there when it happened. The bus did get to the end of Taunton Road and then the driver seem to stop and put his hands on his hand when he realised the problem. Passengers then got off and completed the journey to Ashton bus station by foot, while he tried to work out what to do. Don't know what he did, as I left on the 419 moments later.

Meanwhile, had a nosy around Salford on the first day of the 38 service. Branded Enviro400s out in force on the route, although probably wasn't the best first day for them given the diversion due to the Great Manchester Run. One driver was saying he was running 20 mins late at one point. Driver changes seem to be taking place on New York Street heading towards MRI.

Get the feeling the route will probably a slow-burner, starting quiet at first but eventually picking up on numbers. There were a few people who were a bit surprised to see a Stagecoach bus heading along Chorley Road. Probably will grow once word gets around of their presence.

First day for the X34 Sunday service. Stagecoach deciding that a Enviro300 will do instead of a Enviro400.
(18/05/2014 21:23)SF07 Wrote:  I was actually there when it happened. The bus did get to the end of Taunton Road and then the driver seem to stop and put his hands on his hand when he realised the problem. Passengers then got off and completed the journey to Ashton bus station by foot, while he tried to work out what to do. Don't know what he did, as I left on the 419 moments later.

He spotted me having a nosey and asked where the diversion was. After explaining to him to go back on himself up Oldham rd he would be able to get back on track, which while I was walking up Taunton road he did reappear and with a bit of finger pointing he found the right road and presumably got to Ashton ok, just hope he managed to find the way back ok Smile

He did say he hadnt done the 168/9 route for a long time. Once he missed the turning for Knowl Avenue he became completely lost. Dosen't help that the diversion isn't clearly marked.
Major incident currently taking place in glossop. One of Stagecoach Manchesters MANs has crashed into the front of a building. I'm told it was being towed by a recovery truck and somehow came loose and rolled into the front of a building. There's currently around 5 ambulances and several fire engines so I'm assuming there may be injured.
The bus in question is 22391 judging by the photos
(19/05/2014 09:51)Mayneway Wrote:  He spotted me having a nosey and asked where the diversion was. After explaining to him to go back on himself up Oldham rd he would be able to get back on track, which while I was walking up Taunton road he did reappear and with a bit of finger pointing he found the right road and presumably got to Ashton ok, just hope he managed to find the way back ok Smile

He did say he hadnt done the 168/9 route for a long time. Once he missed the turning for Knowl Avenue he became completely lost. Dosen't help that the diversion isn't clearly marked.

Perhaps Stagecoach should have taken a leaf out of First's book, as they have put little diversion signs with their logo on it for the 409 drivers.
(20/05/2014 17:37)Mayneway Wrote:  Major incident currently taking place in glossop. One of Stagecoach Manchesters MANs has crashed into the front of a building. I'm told it was being towed by a recovery truck and somehow came loose and rolled into the front of a building. There's currently around 5 ambulances and several fire engines so I'm assuming there may be injured.

I was delayed by this accident, the tow truck has crashed into one building and the bus 22391 (MX06 LTY) into another.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)