Current time: 05/05/2024, 18:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Some posts have been removed from the thread for continuity. Let's try and steer away from descending into arguments or 'telling each other off'. Please also remember that if you take issue with a post, use of the 'report' button is the best way to let us know and allow us to deal with any issue. We'll continue to monitor the thread and remove anything we deem necessary.

If anybody wishes to discuss the removal of their post further, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to discuss it there.

Thanks.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
So far, 19495/6/7/8/9 and 19500/2/3/4/6 are in complete 38 livery.
Stagecoach finally promoting their new 38 service, which starts on Sunday, on Twitter and their website.

Confirmation that the service will be using branded buses with free Wi-Fi, along with a promotional offer of a £10 weekly Megarider ticket when bought on the 38 route. First Manchester have responded by offering a similar £10 weekly ticket along the route.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/New%20Service%2038.aspx
(15/05/2014 18:37)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach finally promoting their new 38 service, which starts on Sunday, on Twitter and their website.

Confirmation that the service will be using branded buses with free Wi-Fi, along with a promotional offer of a £10 weekly Megarider ticket when bought on the 38 route. First Manchester have responded by offering a similar £10 weekly ticket along the route.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/New%20Service%2038.aspx

So passengers can buy a mega rider on the new 38 for £10 and it's valid on all Manchester services or just on the 38??

I can see quite a few passengers being bemused at this. Only a month ago mega riders went up and now their offering them cheaper to get people onto the new service.
Is 19104 still going with its loud exhaust? I'm wondering if I should try and get it or go to Wigan to get some interesting stuff over there!
(15/05/2014 19:26)Mayneway Wrote:  So passengers can buy a mega rider on the new 38 for £10 and it's valid on all Manchester services or just on the 38??

I can see quite a few passengers being bemused at this. Only a month ago mega riders went up and now their offering them cheaper to get people onto the new service.

Yep. The £10 Megarider is valid on ALL routes. The powers that be have decided that the price is valid along the whole of the 38 route - so watch out on Monday (or whenever the public get wind of it) for everyone diving onto a 38 to grab a £10 Megarider, and then jump straight off again to catch their bus of choice.

Best of all, it's going to go on till mid-August...
(15/05/2014 20:37)Dentonian Wrote:  I wouldn't expect that much of this happening. It can only be bought on the stretches of route that also have some form of fare deal anyway; MRI-Manchester has at least 12 Magicbuses an hour, and aren't fares on the 50 cheaper than "standard" services?

Nope... from what I can see on the leaflets that price is valid along the whole route. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying above, the current deals we have are the £1 specials between Salford Precinct and Albert Square / Picadilly and the MagicBus £1 flat fare. The 50 route has exactly the same fare structure as any other route.

We'll see (or at least the drivers who have volunteered to drive the 38s will) on Monday.
(15/05/2014 20:37)Dentonian Wrote:  I wouldn't expect that much of this happening. It can only be bought on the stretches of route that also have some form of fare deal anyway; MRI-Manchester has at least 12 Magicbuses an hour, and aren't fares on the 50 cheaper than "standard" services?

Yes but the Magic Bus Rider is only valid on Magic Buses, so not quite the same. For the 38, it's simple. Get to Manchester on a single, then jump on a 38 and do as has already been suggested, one stop and hey presto... see you next week, 38 Smile
19505/7/8/9 now branded
17038 currently parked up at the top of Taunton Road next to bridge works. Looks like the drivers gone the wrong way and broken down Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)