Current time: 05/05/2024, 10:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(30/04/2014 13:33)Owl Wrote:  That would fit in with the suggestion that Stagecoach acquired the business for £1, which is the minimum consideration for a contract to be in place.

I wonder which 41 buses are included in the deal - there are some awful heaps of junk at the back of JPTs yard.

I would imagine given that vehicles looked like they were being inspected at Middleton depot last week they may have cherry picked the ones requiring the least work.
I'm told JPT's depot has been a hive of activity over the last couple of days. Apparently a couple of Non runners described to me as a de roofed Plaxton president and the remains of a dart were towed away by a Barnsley wrecker, while a couple of vehicles, the nimbus dart being one of them were removed and towed 'for storage' at a Stagecoach depot, by a GM recovery wagon.

According to my pal who works very close to the depot it's still 'full' of JPT vehicles so not that much has been moved.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/04/2014 13:39)Mayneway Wrote:  What's interesting is there was 2 older MANs out on AZ services this morning, one on 347's and one on the 345.

Of course it could have simply been covering for a failed journey.

Which two were they?
(30/04/2014 14:03)gilbert Wrote:  Which two were they?

I'm not sure as I had already boarded my bus and wasn't paying much attention but both had bench seating so I would hazard a guess and say T reg's.

Sorry I carnt be more prescise.
(30/04/2014 13:56)Mayneway Wrote:  I would imagine given that vehicles looked like they were being inspected at Middleton depot last week they may have cherry picked the ones requiring the least work.
I'm told JPT's depot has been a hive of activity over the last couple of days. Apparently a couple of Non runners described to me as a de roofed Plaxton president and the remains of a dart were towed away by a Barnsley wrecker, while a couple of vehicles, the nimbus dart being one of them were removed and towed 'for storage' at a Stagecoach depot, by a GM recovery wagon.

According to my pal who works very close to the depot it's still 'full' of JPT vehicles so not that much has been moved.
The Nimbus dart is at Wigan depot
(30/04/2014 13:39)Mayneway Wrote:  It wouldn't surprise me if the number of Enviro200's at AZ halved. They just don't need them all with the loss of the 217/218, and with the handful of ex ST Tridents at AZ my bet would be they go to ST to replace the older MAN's there, although Middleton is also a possibility.

What's interesting is there was 2 older MANs out on AZ services this morning, one on 347's and one on the 345.

Of course it could have simply been covering for a failed journey.

Could be true Mayneway as 36417 has also been operating the 11 this week. I saw it on Monday or Tuesday & this morning.
It's been confirmed that 36416/7/8/9 have all moved from AZ to ST. Interestingly though officially non of the ex London tridents have transferred to AZ so must be short term loans.
ex-London Tridents have mostly gone into service at HE, make of that what you will...
Is there any loans from WN to MI at the moment? 17005/6 both seen operating MI school services and HE's 168/9. Also 16949 has made an appearance on school service 864 today and yesterday, first time I've seen it out of Salford.
(01/05/2014 16:44)joe_alker Wrote:  Is there any loans from WN to MI at the moment? 17005/6 both seen operating MI school services and HE's 168/9. Also 16949 has made an appearance on school service 864 today and yesterday, first time I've seen it out of Salford.

17006 is listed as on loan from WN to MN but as you say both have been on 168/169's in recent days. I suspect it will be a few weeks before everything settles down.
(01/05/2014 15:30)mbonwick Wrote:  ex-London Tridents have mostly gone into service at HE, make of that what you will...

Blue paintbrush on standby perhaps....

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)