Current time: 20/04/2024, 07:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(23/04/2014 15:54)busdude Wrote:  PC1033334/185 - GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A STAGECOACH MERSEYSIDE, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE RD, GILLMOSS, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Variation Accepted: Operating between New Ferry and West Kirby given service number 38/38A effective from 15-Jun-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Well the extension didn't last long

Is this a case of DVSA being lazy as im sure there isnt even a 38A in the timetable , im sure the two new ends to the 38 weren't that badly performing that the service would be withdrawn before it really got started .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Here's the variation registration that was put in for the extensions

Quote: Licence Number: PC1033334
North West of England, N&P, 17 Jan 2014: Bus Registration Variation
GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A GTL, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE RD, GILLMOSS LIVERPOOL L11 0BB
Operating between New Ferry and West Kirby given service number 38 effective from 17-Feb-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

From which I'd suggest that 38A is a new service this time round with a different routing, rather that it being the removal of the extension.
I wondered to ask anyone know where X265USH IS ?? I'm really confused that someone say still in service at rock ferry? And they said at Gillmoss depot for repainted or bodyshop. So I believe not X265, possibly X271?
Hope this help!
Regards.
(24/04/2014 11:07)326VFM Wrote:  I wondered to ask anyone know where X265USH IS ?? I'm really confused that someone say still in service at rock ferry? And they said at Gillmoss depot for repainted or bodyshop. So I believe not X265, possibly X271?
Hope this help!
Regards.

X265USH is at Rock Ferry and is on the 1/2 today. I believe X266USH and another UID Scania are being converted as trainer vehicles in gillmoss

I am no longer active on this forum.
Seeing as Stagecoach have it in for Avon Buses, any new route would be aimed at the existing Avon Buses network.

Maybe the 38A would be an extension of the 38 not going to Heswall but going on to Arrowe Park via the 83/83A route?
Heswall would be a better destination though than Arrowe Park Hospital for the hourly extension .
(24/04/2014 13:05)wirralbus Wrote:  Heswall would be a better destination though than Arrowe Park Hospital for the hourly extension .

There already is an hourly extension to Heswall.
(24/04/2014 15:27)moreton407 Wrote:  There already is an hourly extension to Heswall.

I am aware of that , what i was thinking was that Heswall was going to be swapped with Arrowe Park Hospital.

I think the bus stops are already badly congested with buses at certain times of the day now , im surprised the WUHT has not decided to embargo any more services to terminate at the stop inside the grounds on access grounds for the emergency services .
(24/04/2014 11:17)R879 HRF Wrote:  X265USH is at Rock Ferry and is on the 1/2 today. I believe X266USH and another UID Scania are being converted as trainer vehicles in gillmoss

Thanks for this information.
I've just been dabbling with the Megabus website & I note that Chester now appears in the drop-down menu? Chester used to have a megabus service (the Liverpool - London one) a year or so back but that was withdrawn (re-routed) after a short time.

There appear to be some new destinations on the site, but no availability as of yet. These include Bangor, Holyhead & London, which I suspect may be rail journeys (via the 49% stake Stagecoach have with Virgin trains). However, Manchester also appears as a destination. Does anyone know whether Stagecoach are thinking of using Chester depot as a base for a megabus service any time soon?

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)