Current time: 27/04/2024, 20:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Well for the insurance company it would be whatever was cheaper wouldn't it, wouldn't know whose decision it was to repair it though, neither would exactly surprise me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I hope they haven't done the same as 18284, it looks ugly.
It could have received a Mylennium Lolyne front - like when Blackpool rebodied the IoM Tridents.
I doubt it since East Lancs are now Optare and have changed the bodywork design, and probably won't produce the parts anymore.
(27/03/2014 18:06)gilbert Wrote:  Went past Charles Street this afternoon. Apart from 22146 and 20938[?] which seem to have been there for ever, there were 4 double deckers [not Magic Bus] parked close behind each other in a line on the left hand side. They looked like possibly some of the ex-London Tridents, but I couldn't identify any of them through the very narrow gap in the big doors.

Further to above, there are now at least 6,probably 7 double deckers, presumably the ex-London Tridents, at Charles Street
(02/04/2014 08:24)R971XVM Wrote:  The bus wars have started... First reduced their fare from Piccadilly to East / West Dids to just £1, so now Magics are also down to £1 flat fare.

Interesting, very interesting. This so called bus war between First and Stagecoach is getting very very interesting.

Stagecoach, takes-over Bluebird, who's depot is leased.
First, takes-over Finglands, who's depot is leased.
Stagecoach, puts double deckers in Middleton, for service 112 and Schools.
First, puts brand new buses in Rusholme, and registers an extension of service 42 to NMGH.
Stagecoach, registers a Manchester to Farnworth service. (Service 38).
First, lowers it fares in the Wilmslow Road area.
Stagecoach, lowers it fares in the Wilmslow Road area.

So what next ?
First, converts service 42 to double deck ?
Stagecoach, increase its Magic bus operations ?
(08/04/2014 19:15)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Interesting, very interesting. This so called bus war between First and Stagecoach is getting very very interesting.

Stagecoach, takes-over Bluebird, who's depot is leased.
First, takes-over Finglands, who's depot is leased.
Stagecoach, puts double deckers in Middleton, for service 112 and Schools.
First, puts brand new buses in Rusholme, and registers an extension of service 42 to NMGH.
Stagecoach, registers a Manchester to Farnworth service. (Service 38).
First, lowers it fares in the Wilmslow Road area.
Stagecoach, lowers it fares in the Wilmslow Road area.

So what next ?
First, converts service 42 to double deck ?
Stagecoach, increase its Magic bus operations ?

One thing that's been mentioned on here and I've also noticed myself in the last few days is that the Mega Rider price decal has been removed from most vehicles hinting at a price rise in the near future given that both Arriva and First have recently put up tickets but what if Stagecoach actually lowered the price of mega riders?? Would certainly fuel the fire with First.

It's also been suggested that the 'bus wars' might start in other areas where first and Stagecoach share common ground sush as Middleton and Tameside. Could be very interesting.
(08/04/2014 19:43)Mayneway Wrote:  One thing that's been mentioned on here and I've also noticed myself in the last few days is that the Mega Rider price decal has been removed from most vehicles hinting at a price rise in the near future given that both Arriva and First have recently put up tickets but what if Stagecoach actually lowered the price of mega riders?? Would certainly fuel the fire with First.

It's also been suggested that the 'bus wars' might start in other areas where first and Stagecoach share common ground sush as Middleton and Tameside. Could be very interesting.

Already hit... http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=1519

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
For anyone who's wondering what happened to 18288:

[Image: 13692411583_1d7f7fc759.jpg]

Picture by desgy168

Not as shabby a job as I thought they'd do, however those headlights do look a bit too big, could well be Pointer 1 headlights.
(12/04/2014 13:05)joe_alker Wrote:  For anyone who's wondering what happened to 18288:

[Image: 13692411583_1d7f7fc759.jpg]

Picture by desgy168

Not as shabby a job as I thought they'd do, however those headlights do look a bit too big, could well be Pointer 1 headlights.

It was rebuilt using parts from the ex Isle of Man Lolyne Tridents at Bus & Coach World.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)