Current time: 27/04/2024, 20:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(26/03/2014 07:32)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding the photo of 28507 I find it interesting that its going for storage at Ashton Depot as I only saw it parked up next to the paintshop at Hyde Road Depot last week when I was passing on the train, I'm guessing Hyde Road need the space for some reason as its been parked there for a quite a while now

The yard at Hyde Road is being resurfaced apparently so all the vehicles dumped there are being moved to other depots although I got told most would be stored at Charles Street.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/03/2014 06:43)33109 Wrote:  The spectras both seem to have been really reliable, in fact it's rare they're ever off the road thes days! They look seriously smart in magicbus livery, also how much longer will the tridents I.E. 18283 & friends the lolynes last? They're decent buses but been W plate are like 14yrs old now.

Most of the ALX Tridents are V and W reg and their still going strong so I carnt see the lolynes going anywhere anytime soon.
(25/03/2014 23:32)Mayneway Wrote:  Apparently 17651 [V151DFT] was also involved and was scrapped according to the comments with the photo of 17651 in PVS's yard in Barnsley.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/13239619024/

The second Magic Bus involved in the Arriva accident was 17661, but that is now back on the road, so I think 18288 will be the only one to go for scrap.
Wishful thinking this I know but maybe stagecoach could celebrate their heritage by re-painting few of the ADL tridents e.g.193xx etc into heritage colours as first did last yr? I've come up with a short list just for fun feel free to add more:

GM Buses colours

Old stagecoach liv (the white version with old logos etc)

Manchester city transport

Magic bus blue for the ADL tridents
(27/03/2014 07:18)33109 Wrote:  Wishful thinking this I know but maybe stagecoach could celebrate their heritage by re-painting few of the ADL tridents e.g.193xx etc into heritage colours as first did last yr? I've come up with a short list just for fun feel free to add more:

GM Buses colours

Old stagecoach liv (the white version with old logos etc)

Manchester city transport

Magic bus blue for the ADL tridents

There was talk of First doing a few more this year and I think GMB/GMT liveries were mentioned but I think these have been put on hold due to the Finglands activities.
Another couple to add to the list:

Bee line bzz
Couple add onto the list:

Bee line buzz livery
Metrolink yellow & silver, considering stagecoach do the rail replacements when trams are off seems like gd colour for em.

Stockport corporation red
(26/03/2014 09:32)Mayneway Wrote:  The yard at Hyde Road is being resurfaced apparently so all the vehicles dumped there are being moved to other depots although I got told most would be stored at Charles Street.

Went past Charles Street this afternoon. Apart from 22146 and 20938[?] which seem to have been there for ever, there were 4 double deckers [not Magic Bus] parked close behind each other in a line on the left hand side. They looked like possibly some of the ex-London Tridents, but I couldn't identify any of them through the very narrow gap in the big doors.
(27/03/2014 18:06)gilbert Wrote:  Went past Charles Street this afternoon. Apart from 22146 and 20938[?] which seem to have been there for ever, there were 4 double deckers [not Magic Bus] parked close behind each other in a line on the left hand side. They looked like possibly some of the ex-London Tridents, but I couldn't identify any of them through the very narrow gap in the big doors.

Could possibly be Tridents from Stockport which the 56 reg Enviro400s have apparently replaced or maybe 4 from Hyde Road??
There was a 14 plate red bus in wigan garage at 7am this morning!

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)