Current time: 09/05/2024, 21:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Why is it in storage, it seems usable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/03/2014 22:05)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Why is it in storage, it seems usable?

I agree, The other scania 28506 has been stored at Ashton for plenty of months and seems possible that 28507 would also be stored. Could be wrong
If they don't want to use it they could just sell it, there's probably a few other operators that might be looking for something like them.
(25/03/2014 21:12)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I only know of 18288 being seriously damaged, the other vehicles that I know where involved was an Enviro400 and E4400H which received minor damage. Which is the other vehicle that you are referring to?

Apparently 17651 [V151DFT] was also involved and was scrapped according to the comments with the photo of 17651 in PVS's yard in Barnsley.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61188429@N06/13239619024/
(25/03/2014 22:12)VolvoB10M Wrote:  If they don't want to use it they could just sell it, there's probably a few other operators that might be looking for something like them.

Apparently both Scania's have serious faults which is why they are out of service.
Stagecoach spent a lot of time and money on both while at Stockport a few years ago but further faults have developed which has deemed them unusable. I know when they were at Ashton one of them had problems over and over with the front kneeling suspension .

Because of their age, on paper they are still seen as more valuable than scrap value so will probably continue to sit around collecting dust. They have been cursed buses since Mayne's bought them - horrid buses.
17651 was not involved in the large accident a while back - indeed it was sold for scrap well before that.
The spectras both seem to have been really reliable, in fact it's rare they're ever off the road thes days! They look seriously smart in magicbus livery, also how much longer will the tridents I.E. 18283 & friends the lolynes last? They're decent buses but been W plate are like 14yrs old now.
80022 again on schools before trips on 76, 255 and 250s through the day.
Regarding the photo of 28507 I find it interesting that its going for storage at Ashton Depot as I only saw it parked up next to the paintshop at Hyde Road Depot last week when I was passing on the train, I'm guessing Hyde Road need the space for some reason as its been parked there for a quite a while now
(26/03/2014 06:43)33109 Wrote:  The spectras both seem to have been really reliable, in fact it's rare they're ever off the road thes days! They look seriously smart in magicbus livery, also how much longer will the tridents I.E. 18283 & friends the lolynes last? They're decent buses but been W plate are like 14yrs old now.

Well the Spectras are older remember, so if the lolynes are ok you can expect a good bit longer yet.

User(s) browsing this thread: 91 Guest(s)