Current time: 18/04/2024, 09:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Wigan does not have branded routes as there is no perceived increase in passenger number by applying branding.

The point of the 16/X22 branding is to get more people to use the service - Wigan clearly does not need this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/02/2014 16:03)R879 HRF Wrote:  
(18/02/2014 12:11)polarbear Wrote:  The first northbound X22 certainly wasn't a Dart today. It was the ever delightful "56" registered Enviro 200 that is based at Chester.

Both the 56 plate enviros are now based at Chester, one of which(36072) arrived at Rock Ferry today for some accident repair. Appears to have been involved in a collision with a road sign or traffic light.

L94UB Flolines based in Birkenhead are to receive LED blinds, 28539 is now fitted with them and others to follow.

Just a quick question, what about the 53 plate eclipses. Will they ever get LEDs. From memory, GXO & GXP are the only one's which don't currently have LEDs.
(19/02/2014 10:05)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Just a quick question, what about the 53 plate eclipses. Will they ever get LEDs. From memory, GXO & GXP are the only one's which don't currently have LEDs.

They're all getting LEDs, when however is a different matter! The blinds are in the garage waiting, GXN also still has flipdots

I am no longer active on this forum.
As well as the two branded Darts for the X22, 34741/2...the third vehicle in use today was Enviro200 36808.

36808 at Parkgate http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/12636637753/
34742 at Parkgate http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/12636491235/
rear branding on 34742, a bit plainer than that carried by 34741 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/12637638483/

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
It is nice to see Stagecoach take back some services that its predecessor had decided was not viable , the decision to run the very first and last services as limited stop journeys instead of running back empty shows that stagecoach are looking at every journey .

I do wonder about the extended 38 and 41/42 journeys how they are doing ?

There has recently been some roadworks at Bromborough , just prior to the South Wirral Retail Park but it shouldnt delay services too much on the 38 and the 41/42.
I encountered a 12 min delay the other day when travelling on a 38, hopefully this was just a one off...
Was this on the short or the long 38 ?
(18/02/2014 21:16)Scania3379man Wrote:  Forgive me for change topic but still stagecoach thread,

I know chester got 2 brand is 16 and x22 right? I wonder why stagecoach wigan not get any brand since 2012 in december?

I thought maybe 600, 658 or maybe 540 should get brand

Thank you,

Martyn
Stagecoach previously operated in Wigan on routes such as the 113 before the takeover, whereas in Chester, it is a completely new are of operation that most of the locals would not have seen.

I believe the idea behind the branding is to try and promote bus use in the city as most people travel by car, simply because they can easily afford too compared to Wigan where generally the household income is smaller. Hence also the introduction of QBP not too long ago supported by Cheshire and Cheshire west council.

The advertising varies from the promotion of the new and improved network with increased timetables and days of operation, to adverts for local services such as the 1, which is on at least one of the rear of the vehicles basically saying "Get the '1' bus to the zoo and Cheshire oaks, up to every 20 minutes daytime!"
Although I think it is a bit much that most of the Chester depot fleet are branded in some way, it gives a sense of locality that ChesterBus provided, and a greater improvement of the local bus service with low fares, increased frequency and modern buses that first failed to provide
(19/02/2014 23:19)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(18/02/2014 21:16)Scania3379man Wrote:  Forgive me for change topic but still stagecoach thread,

I know chester got 2 brand is 16 and x22 right? I wonder why stagecoach wigan not get any brand since 2012 in december?

I thought maybe 600, 658 or maybe 540 should get brand

Thank you,

Martyn
Stagecoach previously operated in Wigan on routes such as the 113 before the takeover, whereas in Chester, it is a completely new are of operation that most of the locals would not have seen.

I believe the idea behind the branding is to try and promote bus use in the city as most people travel by car, simply because they can easily afford too compared to Wigan where generally the household income is smaller. Hence also the introduction of QBP not too long ago supported by Cheshire and Cheshire west council.

The advertising varies from the promotion of the new and improved network with increased timetables and days of operation, to adverts for local services such as the 1, which is on at least one of the rear of the vehicles basically saying "Get the '1' bus to the zoo and Cheshire oaks, up to every 20 minutes daytime!"
Although I think it is a bit much that most of the Chester depot fleet are branded in some way, it gives a sense of locality that ChesterBus provided, and a greater improvement of the local bus service with low fares, increased frequency and modern buses that first failed to provide

I see, interest information from you. I understand that. i can't understand why stg in wigan won't get it. Oh well, thank for explain.

Martyn
(19/02/2014 20:10)jtd508110 Wrote:  I encountered a 12 min delay the other day when travelling on a 38, hopefully this was just a one off...

the new 38 takes too long timings dont work need to cut it down abit tbh did last 38 from Birkenhead to Heswall the other night and driver was going slow and stopping all over the place so could do with making the 38 quicker tbh

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)