Current time: 24/04/2024, 18:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
They are connecting services only. As Chester285 says the X22 will be operated by Chester.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
At least Stagecoach have the route correct inbound via New Chester Road and outbound via Port Causeway , which will avoid most of the outgoing traffic from the Retail Park.

Now Port Causeway has a bus service from the retail park at least in one direction all day long 7 days a week .
(18/01/2014 15:05)busdude Wrote:  
(18/01/2014 14:33)E208 WBG Wrote:  according to new X22 times its ran by Stagecoach Wirral

It will be because Wirral's 38 is being extended to Heswall and will continue on to Chester from Heswall...
Blimey thats going to be one massive route:
Bromborough - New Ferry - Birkenhead - Bidston - Moreton - Hoylake - West Kirby - Frankby - Irby - Heswall - Neston - Chester

Does this mean that you will be able to buy a through ticket like you can on the Liverpool-Preston 2X2 service? In case you don't know, the X2 has about 4 minutes stand time in Lord Street, Southport then changes its number to the 2X and carries on to Preston, doing the reverse on the return journey.
(21/01/2014 18:00)Barney Wrote:  
(18/01/2014 15:05)busdude Wrote:  
(18/01/2014 14:33)E208 WBG Wrote:  according to new X22 times its ran by Stagecoach Wirral

It will be because Wirral's 38 is being extended to Heswall and will continue on to Chester from Heswall...
Blimey thats going to be one massive route:
Bromborough - New Ferry - Birkenhead - Bidston - Moreton - Hoylake - West Kirby - Frankby - Irby - Heswall - Neston - Chester

Does this mean that you will be able to buy a through ticket like you can on the Liverpool-Preston 2X2 service? In case you don't know, the X2 has about 4 minutes stand time in Lord Street, Southport then changes its number to the 2X and carries on to Preston, doing the reverse on the return journey.

I think the routes X22 & 38 are actually being run separately from each other. Certainly, the timetable for the X22 suggests that both diagrams are operated from Chester depot. Through fares will of course be available in the shape of the daily & weekly passes.
Yes but 38 will be operated by RF. The early morning/evening journeys start/finish at Birkenhead.
Stagecoach 41/42 timetable

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I still dont understand the logic of the evening services going to Arrowe Park Hospital on the 41 and 42 , is there a reason ?
(22/01/2014 20:03)wirralbus Wrote:  I still dont understand the logic of the evening services going to Arrowe Park Hospital on the 41 and 42 , is there a reason ?

Probably just to compete with Avons 80

Follow me on flickr
(22/01/2014 20:38)busdude Wrote:  
(22/01/2014 20:03)wirralbus Wrote:  I still dont understand the logic of the evening services going to Arrowe Park Hospital on the 41 and 42 , is there a reason ?
Probably just to compete with Avons 80
If so, they've done a poor job of that - their service is timed after Avon's 80 across the board! It's also worth saying that I regularly see the 80 departing from Birkenhead Bus Station for Arrowe Park - most of the time, there are very few people left for that after the 471/472 and 423 have collected the crowds (occasionally, the 80 will actually arrive on time and the 423 will be a bit late due to a driver changeover in Woodside).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visiting hours direct access for customers from the other end of the route

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)