Current time: 28/03/2024, 08:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
If im correct firstbus used to run the 22 years back with branded Dennis Darts & Leylands Before avon took it on,so instead of looking at it as stagecoach going to war with Avon,look at it as stagecoach giving a service firstbus messed up & dropped another change
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Correct first used to run the 22

I am no longer active on this forum.
When First withdrew the 22/23 it was replaced by Arriva, later renumbered 421/422 along with routes 17 (Moreton-Clatterbridge-later renumbered 417) 92 (Birkenhead-Beechwood-later renumbered 492)
Originally though the 421/422 was operated by Arriva Wales , something to do with the fact that Arriva at Birkenhead being unable to resource the route at the time .

The 417 was rerouted away from Woodchurch Road to operate via Prenton Dell Estate which needed a small route alteration via Tranmere Rovers FC instead of Mount Road.
The 22 goes back to Crosville days when they were numbered C22/C23.
From my point of view, the new services being introduced by Stagecoach are the first salvo in what could become a bit of empire building for them. For now, it's just a few competing services but I expect given the resources Stagecoach have at their disposal, further expansion may well be on the cards in the future.

The other new service is a 30 min frequency on route 6 around Glenwood Road in Ellesmere Port & Little Sutton. This is being operated off the Stagecoach diagrams on the X2 & through ticketing will be available. It will be interesting to see what GHA do to counteract this.
(16/01/2014 12:28)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The 22 goes back to Crosville days when they were numbered C22/C23.

I can certainly confirm that everybody is correct about the history of the route, but the exciting thing about the X22 is that it's direct from Hinderton Road, all previous variants have served one or more of Burton, Puddington, Willaston and Mollington.
Am I also right in thinking that First also used to run the current/similar route that Avon runs from Heswell-Mill Park via Raby as I'm vaguely remember First Plaxton Darts on it with high backed normal bus seating on it
First RedRider used to operate routes 38/39 that operated from Birkenhead to Mill Park and Eastham, via Oxton, Moreton, Hoylake, West Kirby, Greasby, Irby, Heswall, Thornton Hough, Clatterbridge, Spital and Bromborough. Some journeys operated via Brimstage Hall, some via Raby but most operated directly via Thornton Common Road and Clatterbridge Road.
(17/01/2014 07:14)M60lad Wrote:  Am I also right in thinking that First also used to run the current/similar route that Avon runs from Heswell-Mill Park via Raby as I'm vaguely remember First Plaxton Darts on it with high backed normal bus seating on it

That is the 84 and 85 , its a combination of services that keep getting altered over the years by Avon and its Heswall - Raby via Clatterbridge , Croft Retail Park , Mill Park and Eastham Rake station.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)