Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GB Railfreight
RE: GB Railfreight
66747/48/49 are now in service on Tyne Dock to Drax biomass trains.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Continuing the policy of naming locomotives of the class after female employees 73212 is now Fiona and 73213 is Rhodalyn.

Accident victim 66734 was broken up on the banks of Loch Treil, fifteen months after it hit a landslip.

The vehicle itself was cut up , was the power unit taken out for possible further use or scrapped as well.
As far as I'm aware, all that's happened in this round of scrapping is the removal of the cabs, power unit and bogies.

The PU was lifted out complete, and while a little battered, it should still be useable, though obviously it'll need an overhaul first.
66750 was moved from EMD Longport to Derby Etches Park for tyre turning today by 66703.

GBRf 66729 (I think!) was noted passing through St Helens Junction, Liverpool bound, at around 20.25 last night with what looked like biomass wagons.

One of the first times I've seen any freight train go through St Helens Junction during the times I've been waiting at the station in the bus!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Freight paths once the line is electrified are going to become even harder to find between the mass of trains that will be using the line , when the WTT comes out with the line in full swing there will probably only be one or two paths for freights on the section west of Earlestown.
(04/11/2013 13:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Freight paths once the line is electrified are going to become even harder to find between the mass of trains that will be using the line , when the WTT comes out with the line in full swing there will probably only be one or two paths for freights on the section west of Earlestown.

Most services to/from Lime St tend to be on a clock-face pattern and there's no reason to expect that to change radically after electrification, so if there are one or two freight paths available, then they should be available most hours outside of the peaks, but only time will tell when the WTT appears....
66718 was named "Sir Peter Hendy CBE" at a ceremony to celebrate an extension to the Metronet contract. The locomotive was previously named "Gwynneth Dunwoody".

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)