Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(02/10/2013 21:35)E208 WBG Wrote:  Is the R-NVT Dart still going at Ashton or is it withdrawn/Scrapped?

withdrawn and scarpped last year when the B9s moved there
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/10/2013 06:08)M60lad Wrote:  If by full dot matrix blinds you mean the former Chester Depot Dart SLF then the reason why it was probably withdrawn was due to its terrible lock, I had it many a time on 350s and let me tell you I felt sorry for the drivers on it as it wouldn't get round Greenfield Station in one go and would always involve a reverse.

The reason why 34088 & 34089 have gone to Pioneer is due to increased School commitments there, I know for one that they've got Werneth High School-Brinnington now as the regular driver from Oldham depot who used to do it was telling me last week

makes sence saving fuel where they can
(03/10/2013 06:08)M60lad Wrote:  If by full dot matrix blinds you mean the former Chester Depot Dart SLF then the reason why it was probably withdrawn was due to its terrible lock, I had it many a time on 350s and let me tell you I felt sorry for the drivers on it as it wouldn't get round Greenfield Station in one go and would always involve a reverse.

The reason why 34088 & 34089 have gone to Pioneer is due to increased School commitments there, I know for one that they've got Werneth High School-Brinnington now as the regular driver from Oldham depot who used to do it was telling me last week

on pioneer only SBA darts 40382 and 40406 still seem to be there 40384 is withdrawn at the back of Oldham depot
69571,2,3 loan ended back to Bolton and In service with 69571 on 571s
69572 on 36s

schools started 4 weeks ago and the buses have just moved this week
(03/10/2013 08:24)YSV-205 Wrote:  All seems to have gone quiet on the Finglands take over by First. The original press release on August 1st by First stated Autumn provided clearance had been given by OFT. Has the clearance been given yet? If so does anyone know a date when it's likely to happen?

Could be any time. When First sold Wigan depot to Stagecoach last year, it took about 6 weeks. However, when Stagecoach agreed to buy Bluebird in early November last year, the deal was originally announced a week after Wigan depot deal, yet the takeover was completed 4 months later in early March.
An Oldham based Arrow is on loan to Bolton just found out from a Bolton Driver

31943 is the vehicle
(03/10/2013 18:39)37554BY Wrote:  An Oldham based Arrow is on loan to Bolton just found out from a Bolton Driver

will be 31943 as 31929 is still at pioneer
(03/10/2013 18:41)mic Wrote:  
(03/10/2013 18:39)37554BY Wrote:  An Oldham based Arrow is on loan to Bolton just found out from a Bolton Driver

will be 31943 as 31929 is still at pioneer

It is apparently Bolton also have vehicle probs and this is why 69571/2/3 moved from Bury to service at Bolton
40013 and 40374 gone to pvs

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)