Current time: 04/05/2024, 20:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(30/09/2013 14:37)MX05 CKN Wrote:  
(30/09/2013 08:42)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Yes it is illegal to drive and use your phone at the same time, I have seen another firms drivers use phones whilst driving a couple of times, their buses are yellow so you work it out. As for reporting, that is entirely up to you, driver could lose his job over it but then people could lose lives if he crashed whilst using the phone.

I reported the incident to the Lockett Road depot, people's lives should not be put at risk in like that. I'm very disappointed in the driver. Silly thing is that it was a B7RLE so the cab is recorded on the CCTV so it's clear that he was leaning over the wheel to reach his phone

Good on you MX05 CKN, I have lost count on how many accidents there as been recently involving buses!

I hope that the CCTV, has captured the driver concerned using his phone, and that the company not only discipline the driver, but forwards the CCTV footage to the police and the Traffic Commissioner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/09/2013 15:24)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Good on you MX05 CKN, I have lost count on how many accidents there as been recently involving buses!

I hope that the CCTV, has captured the driver concerned using his phone, and that the company not only discipline the driver, but forwards the CCTV footage to the police and the Traffic Commissioner.

Me too, his driving was awful, countless people nearly fell over due to him braking when he realised just how close he was to other vehicles. It's a criminal offence. This man is a professional driver working for a reputable company, it wouldn't look well if he crashed, let alone caused death by dangerous driving. He may only have been driving at 20MPH but any bus full with passengers, whether it be a B7RLE or an Enviro400, carries a great amount of momentum. All that it would take is a pedestrian crossing the road.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
(30/09/2013 15:24)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Good on you MX05 CKN, I have lost count on how many accidents there as been recently involving buses!

And how many of those accidents were the PCV drivers' fault? I haven't noticed a particular 'spike' in the number of accidents lately, and even if there was, that doesn't mean that all the industry are breaking the law...
(30/09/2013 16:38)mbonwick Wrote:  

And how many of those accidents were the PCV drivers' fault? I haven't noticed a particular 'spike' in the number of accidents lately, and even if there was, that doesn't mean that all the industry are breaking the law...

http://blogpreston.co.uk/2013/09/serious...ches-lane/

Jack
I'm a driver and I wouldn't dream of using my phone when I'm behind the wheel...he deserves to lose his job if he was using it....
To be honest, I can probably count the number of bus drivers I have seen using their phone on one hand, in fact I think I have three drivers doing it, they all worked for the same company. See my previous comment to work out the company I mean.
If I have to use my phone in an emergency situation or to report a breakdown I will always get out if my cab first. No excuses for drivers to use phones behind the wheel...however I have seen it many times..
His actions could kill people. He was on Amazon for Christ's sake, you can't get much stupider.

Jack
There are a number of smaller operators whom lets say turn a blind eye to things like this..
(30/09/2013 18:42)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  There are a number of smaller operators whom lets say turn a blind eye to things like this..
That's stupid and illegal.

Jack

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)