Current time: 20/04/2024, 09:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
One of the mechanics was noted moving some of the withdrawn scanias around at about 4pm today.

Also been told the full livery Royale Volvo Olympian is (or was anyway, not sure if it still is) on the 471/2s

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like Chester has become a double decker free operation! with N536 LHG missing on from the depot, one of the Blacon pointers was on the school run, couldn't get the fleet number though!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(17/06/2013 15:18)326VFM Wrote:  Hi All,
This morning (Stagecoach Gillmoss) No21111 S452KCW Destination Display 'Stagecoach' arrived at Rock Ferry Depot time about just after 9am, At outside Rock Ferry Depot only four left First Group Livery awaiting for Disposal, were S355MFP, S358MFP,T916SSF and X265USH parked withdrawn line up.

Thanks very much for the update, have removed S355MFP, S358MFP,T916SSF and 265 USH from the Fleetlist and added 21111.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
None of the Scanias have been confirmed as going for scrap yet. They're just in the withdrawn line, which isn't surprising....
(17/06/2013 15:56)mathias Wrote:  Then again, I'm led to believe the ALX200 Darts have more powerful engines to compensate for the weight?

Not sure about that. It's likely that regardless of their unladen weights all three of the variants you mentioned will have the same 'plated weight', that is the absolute maximum they are allowed to run at when loaded, just as for example a truck might be plated to 44tonne or whatever.

The difference is likely to be that the greater the unladen weight, the lower the posted passenger capacity as it has to be 'clawed back' somewhere.

Regarding them going for scrap: the people at Ensign are not stupid to say the least and if they foresaw a second-hand market for the ex-Chesterbus Darts would no doubt have bought them. Ensign have certainly bought older Darts and Solos and sold them on recently. Then again, ex-First stuff has a certain 'stigma' about it...

PVS were probably either the only party interested, or the one which would pay the most. One still lives on with First however for the guy who'd like to see an example preserved...
(17/06/2013 18:16)chester285 Wrote:  Looks like Chester has become a double decker free operation! with N536 LHG missing on from the depot, one of the Blacon pointers was on the school run, couldn't get the fleet number though!

Nope it is still there, just on the pits, must of been behind one of the garage doors when you were there yesterday.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Stagecoach 21255 (YJ53 HVC), broke down on flyover close to Birkenhead Central Station (towards Birkenhead), ended up being towed away.
X265 USH has moved from the withdrawn line into the bodyshop for repaint. Its had some new panels fitted this afternoon.

V138 DND is now repainted and recieved its safety inspection today. It went out this afternoon in service.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(18/06/2013 21:12)R874 ERE Wrote:  X265 USH has moved from the withdrawn line into the bodyshop for repaint. Its had some new panels fitted this afternoon.

V138 DND is now repainted and recieved its safety inspection today. It went out this afternoon in service.

Now that is interesting, thanks for the update. Will update the fleetlist to include X265 USH again.

(17/06/2013 21:48)mbonwick Wrote:  None of the Scanias have been confirmed as going for scrap yet. They're just in the withdrawn line, which isn't surprising....

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)