Current time: 28/06/2024, 15:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
(14/02/2013 15:53)wirralbus Wrote:  
(13/02/2013 23:18)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  Other than the stuff into and out of Trafford Park, which only covers the bit from Trafford Park terminal to Deansgate, no there isn't.(Between Trafford Park and Liverpool South Parkway.) Occasionally there are diverted freight trains, but they are very rare.

Am i right in saying that the mix of stopping and express work on the CLC line would really make it hard for a straight through path from Allerton Jnct to Castlefields Jnct.

The limiting factor on the line is the long absolute block section between Warrington Central and Glazebrook East Jn.
Find all posts by this user
(16/02/2013 15:30)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  
(14/02/2013 15:53)wirralbus Wrote:  
(13/02/2013 23:18)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  Other than the stuff into and out of Trafford Park, which only covers the bit from Trafford Park terminal to Deansgate, no there isn't.(Between Trafford Park and Liverpool South Parkway.) Occasionally there are diverted freight trains, but they are very rare.

Am i right in saying that the mix of stopping and express work on the CLC line would really make it hard for a straight through path from Allerton Jnct to Castlefields Jnct.

The limiting factor on the line is the long absolute block section between Warrington Central and Glazebrook East Jn.
Thought it was, as I do occasionally do some spotting on the clc line and the ony freight I recall is a freightliner class 57 hauling a intermodal train and thats going back some years. The only other intresting thing I have ever seen on this line is a diverted pendolino hauled also by a 57 thunderbird.

No service Ormskirk - Preston tonight due to staff shortages, it's a bus instead
Managed two full trips Orrell-Victoria today without a hint of a guard coming round. only once this year has a guard come round on this route when ive used it and i use it regularly frequently say 2/3 times a week sick of buying tickets off the staff at Victoria and having to explain the conductor never comes round on Kirkby trains.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
There is presently signalling difficulties at Liverpool Lime Street Mainline Station which is delaying services by upto 20 minutes.
(16/02/2013 20:50)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  Thought it was, as I do occasionally do some spotting on the clc line and the ony freight I recall is a freightliner class 57 hauling a intermodal train and thats going back some years. The only other intresting thing I have ever seen on this line is a diverted pendolino hauled also by a 57 thunderbird.

That was a few years ago! 57's travel over a bit transferring between Edge Hill & Longsight, but usually in the dead of night.

SD.
RE: Virgin Trains
The line between Warrington and Preston will be closed from 13th July for 9 days for engineering work

In that case Northern Rail from Lime St won't be able to get into Wigan NW, and there will probably be a bus replacement from St Helens to Wigan and beyond
Radio Merseyside was advising this morning there was no service between Lime St and Huyton due to an incident at Wavertree
The SO 07:53 Chester-Runcorn via Helsby service is starting again on Saturday.

Subject to some final checks, in mid-July, for one day only, this service will be revised and will run as follows:

Hooton
Little Sutton
Overpool
Ellesmere Port
Stanlow & Thornton
Ince & Elton
Helsby
Frodsham
Runcorn
Liverpool South Parkway

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
(21/05/2013 22:02)First Class Wrote:  The SO 07:53 Chester-Runcorn via Helsby service is starting again on Saturday.

Subject to some final checks, in mid-July, for one day only, this service will be revised and will run as follows:

Hooton
Little Sutton
Overpool
Ellesmere Port
Stanlow & Thornton
Ince & Elton
Helsby
Frodsham
Runcorn
Liverpool South Parkway

Is this the day the service normal gets extended beyond Runcorn ?
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)