Current time: 29/06/2024, 03:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
There just isn't the passengers for a more frequent service between Heswall and West Kirby , most doing that journey are concessionary tickets , West Wirral has plenty of them old dears.
Find all posts by this user
Exactly, plenty of cows and old dears, that end of the woods! First and Arriva have both ran them and given up, Avon have it now, and barely breakeven on it.
The thing with extending it is which route do you take to reach Heswall .

There are three routes via Greasby and Irby , Blackhorse Hill and Thursaston Cross Roads or Caldy , irby , Thurstaston Cross Roads. None of them as Mr T says none will exactly make a profit .
mr t Wrote:Exactly, plenty of cows and old dears, that end of the woods! First and Arriva have both ran them and given up, Avon have it now, and barely breakeven on it.

If it wasn't for the money the bus companies get off Merseytravel and HMG for carrying the "old dears", many of the commercial routes could not be run at a profit.
(18/05/2013 23:12)3111 Wrote:  
(17/05/2013 23:32)3111 Wrote:  Some news and updates which are in the pipeline:
- Major timetable changes, with apologetic notices on the entire fleet
- 39 to be extended from West Kirby to Heswall, but unsure on whether the service will resume serving Town Meadow Lane
- 1A to be renumbered 31 and 411 to be renumbered 34 to save confusion over the Arriva daytime service
- Friday and Saturday New Brighton to Liverpool service, but unsure on whether it's an extended 39 or 411
- Three ex-Lothian W-registered double-deckers due over the forthcoming year (first due in August), along with 52-plated Darts (Darts will replace ageing SPDs and it's pretty safe to say that the three 'deckers will replace the three working 'deckers!)
Forgot to mention that, sadly, the 16 will be cancelled. The service is becoming popular, but it's been decided that it's to be de-registered. Sad, because it's a good service.

It was very popular when I had it! Even between Seacombe and Birkenhead, 2031 Was full, So spare seats!
(21/05/2013 19:29)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  
(18/05/2013 23:12)3111 Wrote:  
(17/05/2013 23:32)3111 Wrote:  Some news and updates which are in the pipeline:
- Major timetable changes, with apologetic notices on the entire fleet
- 39 to be extended from West Kirby to Heswall, but unsure on whether the service will resume serving Town Meadow Lane
- 1A to be renumbered 31 and 411 to be renumbered 34 to save confusion over the Arriva daytime service
- Friday and Saturday New Brighton to Liverpool service, but unsure on whether it's an extended 39 or 411
- Three ex-Lothian W-registered double-deckers due over the forthcoming year (first due in August), along with 52-plated Darts (Darts will replace ageing SPDs and it's pretty safe to say that the three 'deckers will replace the three working 'deckers!)
Forgot to mention that, sadly, the 16 will be cancelled. The service is becoming popular, but it's been decided that it's to be de-registered. Sad, because it's a good service.
It was very popular when I had it! Even between Seacombe and Birkenhead, 2031 Was full, So spare seats!
In my opinion, the service wasn't given long enough to be noticed and used. It was certainly popular on the first Saturday that it run as the driver took just over £14.00 (and plenty of passes) on one round-trip (11:50 departure from Harrison Drive)!

It's been said that the service may return in the future. If so, I suggest that the service starts at Marine Point Retail and Leisure Park and runs to Harrison Drive, then heads to Grove Road (and then as usual to Birkenhead Bus Station from there) via Wallasey Village Merseyrail Station, rather than running via the tight bridge on Green Lane and back and forth to the roundabout on Wallasey Village. Not sure if it'd work, though.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/05/2013 19:41)3111 Wrote:  It's been said that the service may return in the future. If so, I suggest that the service starts at Marine Point Retail and Leisure Park and runs to Harrison Drive, then heads to Grove Road (and then as usual to Birkenhead Bus Station from there) via Wallasey Village Merseyrail Station, rather than running via the tight bridge on Green Lane and back and forth to the roundabout on Wallasey Village. Not sure if it'd work, though.

That's basically very similar to the original 409, which surprise surprise got shortened to Wallasey Village.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
(21/05/2013 19:51)R557 ABA Wrote:  
(21/05/2013 19:41)3111 Wrote:  It's been said that the service may return in the future. If so, I suggest that the service starts at Marine Point Retail and Leisure Park and runs to Harrison Drive, then heads to Grove Road (and then as usual to Birkenhead Bus Station from there) via Wallasey Village Merseyrail Station, rather than running via the tight bridge on Green Lane and back and forth to the roundabout on Wallasey Village. Not sure if it'd work, though.

That's basically very similar to the original 409, which surprise surprise got shortened to Wallasey Village.

Time to try again now though , I suppose since the Retail Developments have come along afew more people might be interested in that link now .
Is there a set date for these changes do we know?
(21/05/2013 20:03)wirralbus Wrote:  
(21/05/2013 19:51)R557 ABA Wrote:  
Time to try again now though , I suppose since the Retail Developments have come along afew more people might be interested in that link now .
Good point! Advertisement is KEY with services like the 16 - leaflets could be posted door-to-door around the Harrison Drive area to gain interest, considering that there are little/non retail stores in the small area.
(21/05/2013 20:29)N271CKB Wrote:  Is there a set date for these changes do we know?
I think that things are being finalised at the moment.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)