Current time: 03/05/2024, 23:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(24/03/2013 20:45)ace Wrote:  
(24/03/2013 20:11)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(24/03/2013 18:00)Neukit Wrote:  I can confirm that all 10 of the Volvo B9TLs from Wigan have safely reached Fife. It was initially thought 16957 had missed out, but it must have just been hiding from the camera, when the others were snapped the other day.

Interesting that all 10 have turned-up at Fife, as it had bee previously reported on this thread that they were to be transferred to Lincolnshire.

That was last year LOL The same thread also reported the 06 reg Enviro400's were going to Hull, but half of them have finished up in Merseyside, with the rest due to go soon.

There are currently least 5 Enviro400's at Rock Ferry (19018, 19022, 19054, 19060, 19062), which have replaced the 7 Gemni's (16960-16966), which have been withdrawn ready for transfer.

If you remember, a driver from Wigan depot, said that wigan was not getting any Enviro400's, after I said that Wigan was due some, 2-days later that driver was sent to Stockport to collect the said Enviro400's, for Wigan depot!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/03/2013 21:47)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(24/03/2013 20:11)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Interesting that all 10 have turned-up at Fife, as it had bee previously reported on this thread that they were to be transferred to Lincolnshire.

That was last year LOL The same thread also reported the 06 reg Enviro400's were going to Hull, but half of them have finished up in Merseyside, with the rest due to go soon.

There are currently least 5 Enviro400's at Rock Ferry (19018, 19022, 19054, 19060, 19062), which have replaced the 7 Gemni's (16960-16966), which have been withdrawn ready for transfer.

If you remember, a driver from Wigan depot, said that wigan was not getting any Enviro400's, after I said that Wigan was due some, 2-days later that driver was sent to Stockport to collect the said Enviro400's, for Wigan depot!

Interestingly enough, 16960-5 were all parked up in Rock Ferry depot yesterday (16966 wasn't there).....perhaps leaving shortly?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
The various news groups and forums are full of rumours and speculation about all sorts of things regarding the industry. However even the bits that may have been true at the time they were written, are susceptible to the fact that plans can change very quickly, for a variety of reasons.
So I would always take anything you read regarding future plans with a pinch of salt, until it actually happens!
Although you do tend to get to know the more reliable sources, .....and the ones that are usually wrong!!
(24/03/2013 21:47)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(24/03/2013 20:11)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Interesting that all 10 have turned-up at Fife, as it had bee previously reported on this thread that they were to be transferred to Lincolnshire.

Oh yes. What a debacle that was. Most people summised that Enviro400's would end up in Wigan, in view of the Gemini''s leaving, but then we were constantly told no Enviro400's were going to Wigan. There are now 10 09 reg's there replacing the Geminis, which apparently were due to leave in late spring.
As for Rock Ferry, another 3 are due to go with those 5 apparently, though where from, I don't know. Manchester have already donated 2 Enviro400's to East Kent, along with the Wigan 10. Then there's all the darts, MAN's etc that have gone to Middleton. Now 10 going to Hull. We can't be far off the 40 spare that came from the Hybrid revolution on the 192 LOL
(24/03/2013 23:05)Neukit Wrote:  The various news groups and forums are full of rumours and speculation about all sorts of things regarding the industry. However even the bits that may have been true at the time they were written, are susceptible to the fact that plans can change very quickly, for a variety of reasons.
So I would always take anything you read regarding future plans with a pinch of salt, until it actually happens!
Although you do tend to get to know the more reliable sources, .....and the ones that are usually wrong!!

Couldn't agree more.
(24/03/2013 21:43)MX12EOC Wrote:  Ah, if only they were getting rid of the tridents, though will we get more buses? :3

Well..... They WERE due to go to Wigan in the summer. Though in view of recent happenings I would consider that now rather unlikely. So they are likely to stay in Stockport 'til they drop.... into the scrapyard.
(24/03/2013 19:50)mbonwick Wrote:  Curious as to what you mean by "convert the fuel filling system to Stagecoach standard" as well?

These buses (and i assume all the First Manchester fleet) have a sealed system, where the fuel "pump" forms a seal with the filler on the vehicle. It avoids the potential for spillages whilst filling, as well as allowing the fuel to flow at a faster rate, and reducing the risk of theft.
Stagecoach do not use such a system, and use the simple "stick the nozzle in the hole" system - albeit with the computerised fuel pump that needs a key and fleet number (or a suitable code) to make it work.
Ah, gotcha. Many thanks for such a useful bit of info - I certainly wasn't aware that First used such a system.
I agree with mbonwick, but I doubt they'll change the system :L
MAN 22228 on the 191 in Stockport at around 7.45am this morning. I see the hybrid revolution hasn't got as far as the 191 then LOL

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)