Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(24/03/2013 18:00)Neukit Wrote:  I can confirm that all 10 of the Volvo B9TLs from Wigan have safely reached Fife. It was initially thought 16957 had missed out, but it must have just been hiding from the camera, when the others were snapped the other day.

Good luck with them. I'm sure they'll be good once they've been repainted, refurbished etc. I went on 16956 last Saturday and the inside was awful with the purple leather like seats, etc. The bus seemed to run ok though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/03/2013 23:07)R971XVM Wrote:  Should've left the Megarider at £12.00 and Easy at £6.00 - the Easyrider will once again be a nightmare to get change for... £6.25 ffs... That's going to go down well when the kids are all paying with tenners on a Monday morning and they get a minimum of 6 coins back...

Yes it does seem a bit daft to increase a price of any weekly ticket to a 25p denomination. I hope the drivers are going to be supplied with a nice batch of 75p coins before they start their shifts LOL
(24/03/2013 19:06)ace Wrote:  
(24/03/2013 18:00)Neukit Wrote:  I can confirm that all 10 of the Volvo B9TLs from Wigan have safely reached Fife. It was initially thought 16957 had missed out, but it must have just been hiding from the camera, when the others were snapped the other day.

Good luck with them. I'm sure they'll be good once they've been repainted, refurbished etc. I went on 16956 last Saturday and the inside was awful with the purple leather like seats, etc. The bus seemed to run ok though.

I don't think there are any current plans to refurbish them, just a repaint and convert the fuel filling system to standard Stagecoach spec.
Well I hope the people of Fife like the purple leather like seats better than I did then.
(24/03/2013 19:20)Neukit Wrote:  I don't think there are any current plans to refurbish them, just a repaint and convert the fuel filling system to standard Stagecoach spec.

At least 1 has already had new flooring put on the wheelchair ramp.

Curious as to what you mean by "convert the fuel filling system to Stagecoach standard" as well?

Interesting that all 10 have turned-up at Fife, as it had bee previously reported on this thread that they were to be transferred to Lincolnshire.
(24/03/2013 20:11)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  

Interesting that all 10 have turned-up at Fife, as it had bee previously reported on this thread that they were to be transferred to Lincolnshire.

That was last year LOL The same thread also reported the 06 reg Enviro400's were going to Hull, but half of them have finished up in Merseyside, with the rest due to go soon.
Things do change fellas like the long term plan to transfer the ex Blue Bus Tridents from Arriva Birkenhead to Southport
(24/03/2013 20:45)ace Wrote:  That was last year LOL The same thread also reported the 06 reg Enviro400's were going to Hull, but half of them have finished up in Merseyside, with the rest due to go soon.

Hull are only getting 10, they've started taking them in now. They should have had 7 or 8 by now but there was only 2 actually made it by Friday. So far the ones they're believed to be taking are 19007, 19009-19014 and 19055/6/8, will be confirmed when they actually all move.
Ah, if only they were getting rid of the tridents, though will we get more buses? :3

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)