Current time: 05/05/2024, 01:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(23/03/2013 18:32)MX12EOC Wrote:  I Bloody knew it I said before cos' the stickers have gone off prices would go up!
Read an earlier post..

Clearly were paying for the Wigan/Bluebird takeovers Angry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/03/2013 19:32)Mayneway Wrote:  
(23/03/2013 18:32)MX12EOC Wrote:  I Bloody knew it I said before cos' the stickers have gone off prices would go up!
Read an earlier post..

Hmm, probably but they cannot use the fuel rising excuse
(23/03/2013 19:35)MX12EOC Wrote:  
Read an earlier post..

Hmm, probably but they cannot use the fuel rising excuse

Well they can because the cost of diesel is still rising but I think the timing of this rise is a bit of a nightmare given the First fare cuts.
Interestingly on the website Stagecoach don't seem to have given any reason for the rises.
It also means the big fare gap between First and Stagecoach is no more, certainly in terms of day and weekly tickets (only a 50p difference on weekly tickets).

Not good news at all!
I saw 12215 on route 192 yesterday, so the full conversion to E400H should be complete by mid-April or so.

I saw a 56-reg Solo on route 173, probably ex-Preston, race past on the other side of the road today. It may be the one reported in this thread earlier this week. I reckon it is to start a repaint programme for ex-Bluebird Solo SRs.

I wonder whether there will be some reallocations on April 7th. Would it not have been more logical to revise the fares the same day the routes are being revised?
Read an earlier post..

I think the OFT may have played a part. The fares gap closing was probably one of the conditions they imposed. So the thank you letter should go to whichever company it was that objected in the first place.
Should've left the Megarider at £12.00 and Easy at £6.00 - the Easyrider will once again be a nightmare to get change for... £6.25 ffs... That's going to go down well when the kids are all paying with tenners on a Monday morning and they get a minimum of 6 coins back...
To try and put a positive spin on Stagecoach's fare increases, you could argue that a 10p increase on the Dayrider and 50p increase on a weekly Megarider is not too bad given the increased number of places served by Stagecoach with the First Wigan and Bluebird takeovers.

However, I can imagine there being a few complaints from people using the 50 between Salford Quays and Salford uni and use the Salford Quays tickets. 50p increase on the day ticket (up from £2.50 to £3) and £1.50 increase on the weekly ticket (up from £8 to £9.50).
(23/03/2013 22:50)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I saw 12215 on route 192 yesterday, so the full conversion to E400H should be complete by mid-April or so.

I saw a 56-reg Solo on route 173, probably ex-Preston, race past on the other side of the road today. It may be the one reported in this thread earlier this week. I reckon it is to start a repaint programme for ex-Bluebird Solo SRs.

I wonder whether there will be some reallocations on April 7th. Would it not have been more logical to revise the fares the same day the routes are being revised?

I think they try to change fares during school holidays so it dosen't have a big impact on the first Monday the new fare's come into effect, although why dont they give passengers a little more notice, 7/8 days isn't nearly enough and the Stagecoach buses i travelled to/from work on today had no mention of the fare increase, infact one bus [169 HE] still had the prices for the current day/mega prices.
Why its kept such a close guarded secret i really dont know.
With regards post 1680 of R272SBA parked at Carlisle. Since when was Asda on the side blinds of Wigan buses? was this a Bolton Side blind that Wigan never Changed? (this bus was a Former Route branded bus for the 501 AFAIK) and carried tv monitors inside the bus as well?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
I can confirm that all 10 of the Volvo B9TLs from Wigan have safely reached Fife. It was initially thought 16957 had missed out, but it must have just been hiding from the camera, when the others were snapped the other day.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)