Current time: 20/04/2024, 07:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
yes that was my thought
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/03/2013 22:45)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(09/03/2013 22:23)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Don't you think that the back upstairs window look untidy with a covering instead of glass, obviously I know that stagecoach are not responsible for the window not being there.
Are the rear windows (including destination glass) not just covered for painting?
Looks like its being brush painted rather that sprayed, meaning there shouldn't really be a need to cover any windows or glass, it just tends to be masked off really in my experience.

CX54 Edit - restored to original post due to undefined error.

RIP 96 - YNWA
The only thing which makes me think they're just covered is the presence of hinges and an emergency handle on the top deck where a rear window would be. Totally stand to be corrected though.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I would say that they have just painted over the emergency exit and rear destination as you can clearly see the masking tape on stuff like the lights, marker lights etc. This photo shows how this bus looked in it's First days, there is a high chance it was probably new like this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20452054@N04/4455603274/

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(10/03/2013 01:44)CX06 EBK Wrote:  I would say that they have just painted over the emergency exit and rear destination as you can clearly see the masking tape on stuff like the lights, marker lights etc. This photo shows how this bus looked in it's First days, there is a high chance it was probably new like this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20452054@N04/4455603274/

Whethe it was new like that or not I still don't think its a good look, I have seen a few first buses around that have this done to the back window, I am not convinced that were like this new.
I don't think it would be too hard to modify the upper window on the back, its possible the original window, should it have been new with a window on the back of the top deck, could have been smashed and First have modified it so it is just a solid panel. Its quite a simple mod that might have saved them money that would be otherwise spend replacing glass for the window.

RIP 96 - YNWA
They all have solid windows rather than glass and as far as I know never did have glass - strange!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(09/03/2013 19:05)gka472l Wrote:  They are 16793/5 P723/5GND from Manchester, been at RF a few weeks now. I photted 16793 yesterday http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/8538451427/

Have they been used ?, or are they just stored at RF ?
(10/03/2013 13:38)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(09/03/2013 19:05)gka472l Wrote:  They are 16793/5 P723/5GND from Manchester, been at RF a few weeks now. I photted 16793 yesterday http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/8538451427/

Have they been used ?, or are they just stored at RF ?

Both used daily on school services, i see both regularly. 725 GND is usually on the same school run each morning and goes past bebington station at around 8.15am, then usually 723 passes going in the other direction at around the same time! 725 is used daily on the Eastham Ferry to Plesington High in place of P548 EFL, this contract requires a bigger bus to meet capacity requirements.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Any step Olympians left at Rock Ferry guys ? And if so, do they see service on Saturdays ? Any info appreciated :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)