Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(28/02/2013 22:13)SNL 824 Wrote:  It's a problem for the passengers and completely against the intent of QBPs
Absolutely! If I can't use my Arriva Student Saver on all journeys, I'd rather have the 20-minute frequency back rather than what would be a 40-minute frequency now!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/02/2013 22:54)3111 Wrote:  
(28/02/2013 22:13)SNL 824 Wrote:  It's a problem for the passengers and completely against the intent of QBPs
Absolutely! If I can't use my Arriva Student Saver on all journeys, I'd rather have the 20-minute frequency back rather than what would be a 40-minute frequency now!

Arriva and to a lesser extent Stagecoach need to realise students are the next generation passengers for there services , if they start alienating passengers they will walk away and start using other modes of transport in the long run , the thing that Arriva would not want is for the custom to move onto Merseyrail with regards to liverpool - Chester.
Find all posts by this user
(28/02/2013 23:01)wirralbus Wrote:  
(28/02/2013 22:54)3111 Wrote:  
Arriva and to a lesser extent Stagecoach need to realise students are the next generation passengers for there services , if they start alienating passengers they will walk away and start using other modes of transport in the long run , the thing that Arriva would not want is for the custom to move onto Merseyrail with regards to liverpool - Chester.
Precisely! The other problem is that journey times are much longer now than what they used to be! I think that I'll be purchasing a Saveaway and using the train when I'm visiting Chester in the future. I did say this when I looked at the new QBP timetable for the first time, however I felt that I should have sampled it first before judging it and, after sampling it on a few occasions, WHAT A DISASTER!

(25/02/2013 20:15)MPTE1955 Wrote:  If Arriva do have issues well that really is simply tough, this is competition and that is all it is, anyway Stagecoach having lower fares is nothing new, some fares in Liverpool are less than arrivas.

Remember when Stagecoach took over GTL they had lower fares which were in place for quite some time!
Three Enviro400 in the yard at RF this morning, MX56FSL being one of them

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(04/03/2013 06:47)gka472l Wrote:  Three Enviro400 in the yard at RF this morning, MX56FSL being one of them

MX56FSD (19054) another noted this afternoon. MX56FSL being 19060.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(04/03/2013 15:41)gka472l Wrote:  
(04/03/2013 06:47)gka472l Wrote:  Three Enviro400 in the yard at RF this morning, MX56FSL being one of them
MX56FSD (19054) another noted this afternoon. MX56FSL being 19060.

HTH
I've rode on a few Manchester Enviro400s recently on the X50. I must say that the two or three examples that I rode on were underpowered. It took them a while to get through their four-speed Voith gearboxes. Hopefully, these aren't sluggish like the ones that I rode on, otherwise they WILL struggle in the Queensway Tunnel like some of Arriva's sluggish Enviro400s have done in the past!

YK53GXJ is based at rock ferry now. The one thing ive noticed about these volvos is that unlike the newer eclipses at chester and the solars these have luggage racks. they have lost id say 5 seats on that nearside. id rather have a solar or YJ09 eclipse than these to be honest. Chester have YK53GXM in stagecoach livery. just thought id post this.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
ADL Enviro 400 MX06 XAT (19018) is on the 471/472 this afternoon.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Ex-Preston 15823 (PX12 EFD) Scania N230UD/Enviro400 decker seen on 471-HESWALL yesterday.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)