Current time: 03/05/2024, 11:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
I imagine it will be more than 7 out on the top; the seats are larger in general so I would have thought they'd be able to get fewer rows in too. If anyone does have any definite numbers though, it'd be much appreciated!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/02/2013 17:49)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  i thought all were being done at Bus & Coach World Blackburn but thats my mistake...Bus & Coach world are good for repairs/interior referbishements but repainting is not there strong point

Rather ironic in regards to paint quality, as all painting has been carried out by Bus & Coach World of Blackburn. As the buses are being spray painted, the workshops at St Helens are not adequate for this due to the lack of ventilation and required apparatus for such a complex procedure and therefore the painting aspects were passed outside of the company. As we know, all other Arriva vehicles are brush painted.

4403 has made 3 trips to Blackburn for such painting work to be carried out, being painted out of the original 'Platinum' proposed service livery into the originally proposed standard livery being a metallic variation, and finally the non-metallic end product which presumably will be the template for all future 'Sapphire' branded services across Arriva's UK network. 4405 will have worn two versions of the livery when completion is reached (metallic version and the now revised non-metallic version) whereas the remainder of the batch should weigh somewhat less in comparison to their sister vehicles by receiving the final version only. And to echo the comments of that said already, the final version and completed product is of the highest possible standard. Simply sensational.

All other modifications to the Enviro400's are being carried out by the highly knowledgeable and equipped workforce at St Helens. Here's looking forward to April.
Thanks for that K101!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I forgot to mention this... I had DAF/ALX400 S253 JUA (4083) on the 1 from Chester to Wrexham on Friday and, whilst travelling along a part of a road where roadworks were underway, the driver took no care whatsoever over road-humps and knackered the suspension! From there to Wrexham, the ride was sickening! STUPIDLY and UNPROFESSIONALLY, the driver didn't tell the driver who relieved him about the problem and, consequently, that driver cut-short his first journey to Chester because he ended-up having to take it out of service back to the depot! Pulsar CX58 EWW (2907) was its replacement.

With the "new" buses nigh, will it be repaired? (Apologies if it's already back on the road - I'm not a regular in the area!)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Lets see if the enviro's last if that is how they will be driven over traffic calming measures .
(24/02/2013 23:34)wirralbus Wrote:  Lets see if the enviro's last if that is how they will be driven over traffic calming measures .
It wasn't just one bad bit of driving, though - the bus violently smashed its way over several road-humps and, even after the suspension had surrendered, there was still a great deal of speed when approaching them!

The driver on DAF/ALX400 S248 JUA (4078) on my return journey from Wrexham definitely outstood the driver of 4083's techniques...!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Can anyone confirm that Dolgellau outstation is now under Wrexham's control, please? Reason I ask is because I have seen 2508 working both the 1 and X94 of late, suggesting it has permanently left Aberystwyth along with the other Commanders still based there until recently.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(24/02/2013 23:38)3111 Wrote:  
(24/02/2013 23:34)wirralbus Wrote:  Lets see if the enviro's last if that is how they will be driven over traffic calming measures .
It wasn't just one bad bit of driving, though - the bus violently smashed its way over several road-humps and, even after the suspension had surrendered, there was still a great deal of speed when approaching them!

The driver on DAF/ALX400 S248 JUA (4078) on my return journey from Wrexham definitely outstood the driver of 4083's techniques...!

You should ring up and complain, it's drivers like this that give the rest of us a bad name! And if you dont get a satisfactory response then perhaps you should take it further.
I'm affraid i have no time for idiots like this driver.
I have seen worse than this on a bus lately, I seen a driver using his phone whilst driving the other day, I won't name the company but it was a smaller company that operate mainly solo's. Couldnt quite believe my eyes when I seen it.
(25/02/2013 20:09)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I have seen worse than this on a bus lately, I seen a driver using his phone whilst driving the other day, I won't name the company but it was a smaller company that operate mainly solo's. Couldnt quite believe my eyes when I seen it.

Is it that surprising seeing a driver using his phone while driving?,i see it almost every day & dont think much of it

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)