Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(25/02/2013 19:55)chester285 Wrote:  If Stagecoach do venture into Arrivas Territory, passengers will vote with their feet and Arriva would have no choice but to reduce their fares,

I cannot understand the big ho har Arriva are making. Completely pathetic and unprofessional, about time they were told they cannot rule the roost.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/02/2013 20:01)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  I cannot understand the big ho har Arriva are making. Completely pathetic and unprofessional, about time they were told they cannot rule the roost.

Exactly who at Arriva has raised a 'ho har'? Or are you getting irate over what you have read on the pages of this froum, which are no means a refelction if the true opinions of the company. To call a company pathetic and unprofessional merely on a "I heard or he/she said" basis is totally un-called for and somewhat naive to say the very least.
Find all posts by this user
This is just Stagecoach announcing there arrival on the scene .

Stagecoach are a big step change in quality from First thats for sure .
If Arriva do have issues well that really is simply tough, this is competition and that is all it is, anyway Stagecoach having lower fares is nothing new, some fares in Liverpool are less than arrivas.
(25/02/2013 20:07)K101HUM Wrote:  
(25/02/2013 20:01)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  I cannot understand the big ho har Arriva are making. Completely pathetic and unprofessional, about time they were told they cannot rule the roost.

Exactly who at Arriva has raised a 'ho har'? Or are you getting irate over what you have read on the pages of this froum, which are no means a refelction if the true opinions of the company. To call a company pathetic and unprofessional merely on a "I heard or he/she said" basis is totally un-called for and somewhat naive to say the very least.

Well considering I'm going to be refused my pass in the future, don't that say something, I've heard it from a driver who said the boss at Chester depot has decided to ban stagecoach passes from being used on Arriva buses, this violating QBP's entirely.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Likewise, as I read merely a page back, that Stagecoach are rumoured to be refusing Arriva tickets in the future. Does this mean that Stagecoach are 'ruling the roost' all of a sudden?

Stagecoach slashed prices upon Arrival in Liverpool in 2005 with the purchase of GTL. That sparked intense competition on core routes, eventually simmering down before ultimately ending through the creation of QBP's. In that period, we saw huge investment from both companies to upgrade fleets as a way and a means to draw passengers from the respective companies.

As we know, the Wirral QBP's were established between First and Arriva. Should one of the concerned parties decide this is no longer benefiting them for whatever reason, the agreement can surely be mutually terminated. And, gathering what rumours are transpiring here (emphasis on the term rumour) this could very well be the case. However, that is yet to be seen and could all very well be 'hot air'.
Does anybody have any more information regarding the Open top buses for chester, any pics?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(25/02/2013 20:16)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  
(25/02/2013 20:07)K101HUM Wrote:  

Well considering I'm going to be refused my pass in the future, don't that say something, I've heard it from a driver who said the boss at Chester depot has decided to ban stagecoach passes from being used on Arriva buses, this violating QBP's entirely.

Vice versa with stagecoach no longer accepting Arriva passes too .
(25/02/2013 21:17)WAG67 Wrote:  
(25/02/2013 20:16)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  
(25/02/2013 20:07)K101HUM Wrote:  Exactly who at Arriva has raised a 'ho har'? Or are you getting irate over what you have read on the pages of this froum, which are no means a refelction if the true opinions of the company. To call a company pathetic and unprofessional merely on a "I heard or he/she said" basis is totally un-called for and somewhat naive to say the very least.

Vice versa with stagecoach no longer accepting Arriva passes too .

Even on QBP's

Specifically !

Brian Walton in rock ferry confirmed this. The QBP is a joke. Arriva less services on what was a good route, the old 401

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)