Current time: 06/05/2024, 22:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(27/01/2013 13:07)ace Wrote:  
(26/01/2013 19:59)Polo Mint Wrote:  Is the 192 solely operated by Hyde Road? I always used to think it operated from the Stockport base.

Up until last night, the 192 was primarily Stockport based, but Hyde Road had 8 boards a day on it, 3 finishing at Levenshulme and 5 going on to Stockport. From today however, Stockport now have ALL of the route.
Obviously, if for any reason there is a gap in service and it would make sense for Hyde Road to fill in a route, that option will still be available.

Thanks for explaining. I was on a 192 and the driver switched over at Ardwick and I was confused.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/01/2013 16:21)ace Wrote:  Well, I've just heard the hybrids will not be on the road until February. So it seems we may have to wait a little while longer before the 192 revolution begins.

Well, it kind of gives us a reason to think that they're making them 2013 reg or perhaps they might be on tomorrow, I'll update you guys on the way to school (:
(27/01/2013 20:27)MX12EOC Wrote:  
(27/01/2013 16:21)ace Wrote:  Well, I've just heard the hybrids will not be on the road until February. So it seems we may have to wait a little while longer before the 192 revolution begins.

Well, it kind of gives us a reason to think that they're making them 2013 reg or perhaps they might be on tomorrow, I'll update you guys on the way to school (:

No. The reg numbers are already in place, they are all 62 reg so that won't change. I think they are being left until 1st Feb for tax reasons, as that will run from the 1st of the month no matter what date a bus goes on the road. The tax is £500 a year on them so for the sake of 4 days, 40 x about £40 a month would be quite a lot.
Update like I said, I saw one coming out of the depot, 12181 I've got two photos of it saying '123 Hanover displays ABC AND TEST' I had to run to catch these pics so apologies for any blurry-ness I'll upload them later today off my phone as its apparently 'too large of an upload file'.
New reg date is the 1st of March anyways.
(28/01/2013 11:51)ste Wrote:  New reg date is the 1st of March anyways.

carnt see them keeping them in storage uptill march,If theyve got all delivered then they will be wanting them in service ASAP,Plus if theyve been on a public highway on the 62reg instead of trade plates/13reg then they carnt be registered to 13reg i think
Reg plate designations apply to when the bus is first taxed, not when it first manufactured... so if Stagecoach decide to wait another four/five weeks then they can be regregistered to 13 plates if they have not yet been taxed.
12188 spotted going out of the depot saying 'stagecoach'
(29/01/2013 08:01)MX12EOC Wrote:  12188 spotted going out of the depot saying 'stagecoach'

Presumably going out on a test run. Perhaps one day it may care to come into service Smile
Not to sure which ones but earlier this afternoon I spotted 2 192 branded Hybrid Enviro 400s heading Stockport bound on A57 past Tescos at Gorton

Also other news is that from the next timetable change one tender that Stagecoach Manchester has picked up is the evening 247s from Arriva and apparently route learning for 247s starts next Monday and it will be Stockport Depot that's going to be operating the service, they've also got the 372 from Bakerbus as well from the same date

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)