Current time: 06/05/2024, 18:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
That's a quarter mile at most...

Well seeing as the aforementioned busses were still parked in HE's yard when I finished this evening, I don't think many will be in service tomorrow... I'd say Monday would be a better bet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/01/2013 19:17)gilbert Wrote:  MX62GBO hybrid was in the lower garage at Sockport this afternoon.

I saw one from the bus station, possible this one, heading into Stockport garage. It had 192 in green among the branding.

In a change of plan, I offered to work today as they were short of staff. I am therfore guaranteed next Saturday off to ride a Hybrid 192 and new Wigan stock on the same day after all!

I shall watch out whether the 42a is a MAN or a Solo tomorrow. Judging by the poor loadings with Arriva (and Haytons before them) I shall be shocked if it is a double-decker.
(26/01/2013 20:44)R971XVM Wrote:  That's a quarter mile at most...

Well seeing as the aforementioned busses were still parked in HE's yard when I finished this evening, I don't think many will be in service tomorrow... I'd say Monday would be a better bet.

Monday it shall be then Smile
(26/01/2013 20:07)Bevan Price Wrote:  
(26/01/2013 09:01)MX12EOC Wrote:  So I now assume that the challenge of whom can get on all the 192 Hybrids begins tomorrow? :3
Are you going to have a decent mileage on each bus, or just do "one stop leaps" ?

Well, I'm currently in the process of attempting to travel on all buses from all depots before the Commonwealth Games start next year. I'm calling this project 'Going For Gold'. I did something similar for the Olympics last year and got all but about 10 of the entire fleet. I didn't do "one stop leaps", I usually travelled about 3 or 4 stops, mainly depending on where I was travelling to, in line with time etc.
I would say one stop was valid, but you can't just get on a waiting bus then say "sorry driver, I got the wrong bus" and then jump off again without actually going anywhere.
Didn't see a single hybrid on the 192 so far... Best wait till' later on in the day. (Hopefully)
(27/01/2013 09:50)MX12EOC Wrote:  Didn't see a single hybrid on the 192 so far... Best wait till' later on in the day. (Hopefully)

Because they're all still at Hyde Road. From the sound of it I calculate a maximum of 1 hybrid will be on the road today if we're lucky, seeing as 12181 is the only one at Stockport.
(26/01/2013 19:59)Polo Mint Wrote:  Is the 192 solely operated by Hyde Road? I always used to think it operated from the Stockport base.

Up until last night, the 192 was primarily Stockport based, but Hyde Road had 8 boards a day on it, 3 finishing at Levenshulme and 5 going on to Stockport. From today however, Stockport now have ALL of the route.
Obviously, if for any reason there is a gap in service and it would make sense for Hyde Road to fill in a route, that option will still be available.
(27/01/2013 13:03)ace Wrote:  Because they're all still at Hyde Road. From the sound of it I calculate a maximum of 1 hybrid will be on the road today if we're lucky, seeing as 12181 is the only one at Stockport.

I wonder why none were driven to Stockport in time for today?

I have just seen Solo 47650 on route 42a. Whilst big enough for this route on a Sunday, it had more people on it than I had usually seen in Arriva days. This must be as people can now use DayRiders and MegaRiders on it now!
Well, I've just heard the hybrids will not be on the road until February. So it seems we may have to wait a little while longer before the 192 revolution begins.
Why is the date such a big secret? Just say the day and then all speculation will stop.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)