Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(21/01/2013 21:38)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Well you have hit the magic word, IDIOT's is exactly what they are, although I could certainly think of something stronger but that is not suitable for on here.

I certainly agree haha! It's a shame really at the end of the day they are new buses just unfortunate some members of the public can't look after things.

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This is why some companies are reluctant to buy new as they dont wanna spend or invest millions of £ on buses which arnt cheap for the local idiots which is a small minority to destroy or vanadlise but are the first to complain when the riding round on buses in excess of 15yrs old which rattle,bang and squeak all along the journey.
(22/01/2013 10:02)motormayhem Wrote:  This is why some companies are reluctant to buy new as they dont wanna spend or invest millions of £ on buses which arnt cheap for the local idiots which is a small minority to destroy or vanadlise but are the first to complain when the riding round on buses in excess of 15yrs old which rattle,bang and squeak all along the journey.

This is another reason why some parts of Arriva , First and Stagecoach actually do a lot of cascading of stock as some area's of there company actually seem to have less vandalism so they get the brand new and the stock that it displaces comes to the areas where new stock is not viable due to possible vandalism damage .
CCTV would surely be catching this happening though?
No Enviro 200's on the 38 today, they seem to have reverted to using the older stock i.e. Royale's and Scania's again with the Enviro's now seeing service on just the 41 and 42.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wonder when the first ex-First bus will appear in full Stagecoach livery?
(22/01/2013 15:45)lcm453 Wrote:  I wonder when the first ex-First bus will appear in full Stagecoach livery?

Could be quite a while if the expreience at Wigan is anything to go by. If the OFT get invoived, could be quite a while.
(22/01/2013 13:02)R557 ABA Wrote:  No Enviro 200's on the 38 today, they seem to have reverted to using the older stock i.e. Royale's and Scania's again with the Enviro's now seeing service on just the 41 and 42.

One appeared on them this afternoon Tom, was at Beb station new ferry bound at 1535 ish then went straight back out to west kirby around the same time!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(22/01/2013 12:05)ste Wrote:  CCTV would surely be catching this happening though?

A number of bus companies, now have CCTV fitted to their vehicles. But until somebody reports seeing damage being done either to the Police or the company concerned, then the CCTV does not get checked.
(22/01/2013 16:40)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(22/01/2013 12:05)ste Wrote:  CCTV would surely be catching this happening though?

A number of bus companies, now have CCTV fitted to their vehicles. But until somebody reports seeing damage being done either to the Police or the company concerned, then the CCTV does not get checked.

Im sure Stagecoach are one of the companies that would have CCTV on there vehicles as standard from new .

If the company noticed damage to the vehicles i would have expected somebody to be looking at a download of the cctv if the vehicle had them and not wait for it to be reported to them by an eagle eyed member of the public.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)