Current time: 19/04/2024, 06:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(14/12/2012 02:07)First Class Wrote:  
(13/12/2012 21:36)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(13/12/2012 18:21)MTL0201 Wrote:  Can't see that happening, although the layover area in Cook Street is not perfect, especially when more than 2 buses are on layover.

Same here, it would be nice though seeing as Liverpool ONE is one of the main reasons people visit liverpool!

Problem is, it can take 10-15minutes to drive from Whitechapel to Liverpool ONE bus station. It would probably require a higher number of vehicles.

You can walk to Liverpool ONE (from Whitechapel) in about 5 minutes.

That said, it would be highly beneficial to have buses parked at the bus station, rather than causing congestion whilst laid over on Dale Street etc.

In addition, Sir Thomas Street is already extremely busy, especially peak/Saturday evening, and, sooner or later, Merseytravel/Arriva/Stagecoach are going to have to realise that CrossRiver services will need to operate to/from a dedicated terminal/station in Liverpool City Centre, rather than just a fairly small street.

Just time the services on Cross River services so that the layover is at the country end of the routes and just operate the Liverpool pick up and drop off as a long loop with no actual terminating spot as such.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
is the takeover happening tomorrow (16th) or has it changed?

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/12/2012 00:05)busdude Wrote:  is the takeover happening tomorrow (16th) or has it changed?

It is not happening tomorrow. There is no set date for takeover yet, but 6th January 2013 is the date they're planning towards for now, it could be later but it is hoped 6th January will be the date. Customer information should be released in plenty of time before the takeover to explain ticketing arrangements (as per Wigan still selling First tickets from Almex machines until January, allowing for First drivers to be trained how to use the ERG machines).
Some Stagecoach buses might end up moving to Chester & Wirral for storage soon though, as more Enviro200's are delivered to Gillmoss for service prep over the next few weeks, Gillmoss will be getting rather full with the stored 27 B10L/BLE's, ex Scotland Dart's and the 20 brand new Enviro200's, plus other reserve and disposal vehicles.
Will the operation be starting in full stagecoach livery from day one or will it be a mixture ?
(16/12/2012 10:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Will the operation be starting in full stagecoach livery from day one or will it be a mixture ?

I would of thought it would be a mixture as for the amount of buses needed i would'nt of thought enough of stagecoach's own buses would be available for both operations,

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(16/12/2012 10:41)wirralbus Wrote:  Will the operation be starting in full stagecoach livery from day one or will it be a mixture ?

Base it on Wigan and when they took GTL over, will be a mix of Stagecoach buses and White sticker logo ones!
I rode on Marshall dart 41071 on the X2 today. Nippy little bus, but a few problems. Ticket machine wasn't working -driver was writing manual tickets. Also the destination display read X Ellesmere Port. On a later journey it was reading 99 Ellesmere Port.
I believe the destinations in those are the brighttech flip-dot displays (so look more like hanover ones rather than the old brighttech maxtrix ones) - being a brighttech its hardly suprising that it doesnt work properly- quite often the controllers dont get reprogrammed when the displays do - so it might say one thing on the controller but somethnig completley different on the front!

Rock Ferrys scanias with the powerblinds have that problem - most of the controllers are still set up for the original crosville SMART service blinds, yet they all got new blinds fitted in 2003/4!

I am no longer active on this forum.
can't they use the tunnel than comes out by Mann Island for the buses to go to Liverpool One
That might work inbound through the dock entrance, but I suspect height restrictions might not permit it. Even if it would work they'd still add 10-12 minutes fighting their way back out.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)