Current time: 20/04/2024, 04:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
Looking at the 38 , the route is strange the section between New ferry and Birkenhead 20 minutely is adequate , the section between Birkenhead and West Kirby could do with being 15 minutely .

Oh and its looks like we will be seeing stripes on the First Day of Stagecoach which is important as a psychological measure .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/12/2012 22:19)SNL 824 Wrote:  It would be madness. But I thought there were now limits on the length of normal stopping services - hence the carving up of the Cymru Coastliner a number of years back..

It's an EU regulation any route over 30 miles must have Tachos fitted & drivers driving no more than 8 hours a day, but the flaw were the bus company can avoid the regulations by splitting routes like Stagecoach X2/2X which count as separate registrations but same bus/driver operates the entire journey & passengers can buy through tickets & stay on the bus when the number changes.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(13/12/2012 13:51)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(12/12/2012 22:19)SNL 824 Wrote:  It would be madness. But I thought there were now limits on the length of normal stopping services - hence the carving up of the Cymru Coastliner a number of years back..

It's an EU regulation any route over 30 miles must have Tachos fitted & drivers driving no more than 8 hours a day, but the flaw were the bus company can avoid the regulation is, the bus company can split routes like Stagecoach X2/2X which count as separate registrations but same bus/driver operates the entire journey & passengers can buy through tickets & stay on the bus when the number changes.

Regulation is any routes over 50km, which works out at about 34 miles, must be operated by Tacho fitted vehicles and the drivers limited to maximum hours of 9 hours a day (maximum before a break of 4 and a half hours - domestic is 11 hours split into 5.5 hours before a break).

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Its hard to keep up with these rules regarding drivers hours , I would have thought domestic city driving would be more tiring than if you was on an interurban service over a greater distance .
Gemini YJ04 FZC (32455) on the 38 this evening.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/12/2012 13:55)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(13/12/2012 13:51)MTL0201 Wrote:  

It's an EU regulation any route over 30 miles must have Tachos fitted & drivers driving no more than 8 hours a day, but the flaw were the bus company can avoid the regulation is, the bus company can split routes like Stagecoach X2/2X which count as separate registrations but same bus/driver operates the entire journey & passengers can buy through tickets & stay on the bus when the number changes.

Regulation is any routes over 50km, which works out at about 34 miles, must be operated by Tacho fitted vehicles and the drivers limited to maximum hours of 9 hours a day (maximum before a break of 4 and a half hours - domestic is 11 hours split into 5.5 hours before a break).

I thought it was 30 miles, i get it, that it's 50K with Europe using the Metric system. The 5 Llandudno-Caernarfon only Eastbound journeys falls victim to this because of a double run, so Eastbound 5 changes numbers at Bangor to get around the rules. Westbound journeys are unaffected.

(13/12/2012 12:26)R874 ERE Wrote:  Even running cross river buses into liverpool one bus station rather than just to whitechapel would be an improvement!

Can't see that happening, although the layover area in Cook Street is not perfect, especially when more than 2 buses are on layover.

(13/12/2012 18:21)MTL0201 Wrote:  Can't see that happening, although the layover area in Cook Street is not perfect, especially when more than 2 buses are on layover.

Same here, it would be nice though seeing as Liverpool ONE is one of the main reasons people visit liverpool!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(13/12/2012 21:36)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(13/12/2012 18:21)MTL0201 Wrote:  Can't see that happening, although the layover area in Cook Street is not perfect, especially when more than 2 buses are on layover.

Same here, it would be nice though seeing as Liverpool ONE is one of the main reasons people visit liverpool!

Problem is, it can take 10-15minutes to drive from Whitechapel to Liverpool ONE bus station. It would probably require a higher number of vehicles.

You can walk to Liverpool ONE (from Whitechapel) in about 5 minutes.

That said, it would be highly beneficial to have buses parked at the bus station, rather than causing congestion whilst laid over on Dale Street etc.

In addition, Sir Thomas Street is already extremely busy, especially peak/Saturday evening, and, sooner or later, Merseytravel/Arriva/Stagecoach are going to have to realise that CrossRiver services will need to operate to/from a dedicated terminal/station in Liverpool City Centre, rather than just a fairly small street.
The EFL Olympian was on the 38 today, Not seen this very often

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)