Current time: 04/05/2024, 13:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(17/12/2012 22:37)FirstGroup Wrote:  
(17/12/2012 22:11)mbonwick Wrote:  The transferred MANs won't enter service 'proper' until the ticket machines are swapped over to ERGs in January, to avoid the need to keep swapping machines over.

Ah i see , will these ticket machines be returned to First once Stagecoach install their machines? Think there only about 8 months old the machines Stagecoach Wigan are currently fitted with.

Unfortunately, Stagecoach can't pop down to local supermarket to buy 150 Ticket Machines!

Also, please remember that wigan depot is still in trans-action period until January.
When the First ticket machines should than be returned to them.

Then it will start again with Chester & Rock Ferry depots.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Went round wigan depot on Saturday and saw 4 buses without any stagecoach numbers or name on them 40064. 40067. 60147 And 60159 anybody know why as even some wrecks that won't go were renumbered
The first hybrid for the 192's has landed. MX62GCK (12182) arrived today.
(18/12/2012 15:37)dave4jackie Wrote:  Went round wigan depot on Saturday and saw 4 buses without any stagecoach numbers or name on them 40064. 40067. 60147 And 60159 anybody know why as even some wrecks that won't go were renumbered

Presumably going to disposal, so not entering service with Stagecoach.
They did get Stagecoach numbers, but didn't necessarily carry them.

40064 - 35026
40067 - 35029
60147 - 35037
60159 - 35044

All are indeed on the disposals list as of Period 8 (2nd December).
The wigan weekly will be £9 does this mean the end of SLT? Judging by the amount of SLT drivers trying to get jobs at stagecoach in wigan i would think......
Care to expand as how the Wigan Weekly being £9 could result in the end of SLT?
(20/12/2012 00:18)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  The wigan weekly will be £9 does this mean the end of SLT? Judging by the amount of SLT drivers trying to get jobs at stagecoach in wigan i would think......

The Wigan weekly rider is in addition to all other tickets being offered by Stagecoach, and is in no way intended to put another company out of business. Of course drivers will seek jobs with Stagecoach if maybe the pay is better, etc. Doesn't mean they are going bust.
(19/12/2012 22:13)ace Wrote:  The first hybrid for the 192's has landed. MX62GCK (12182) arrived today.

Fleet numbers, as usual with the hybrids are very difficult to see due to their grey colour & the bus colour. The MX10's & MX60's were difficult, then the MX12's were a little easier because the fleet number on the back of the bus is at the very top of the top deck but the new MX62's look even more difficult. Is the fleet number on the back of these?
(18/12/2012 12:23)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(17/12/2012 22:37)FirstGroup Wrote:  
(17/12/2012 22:11)mbonwick Wrote:  The transferred MANs won't enter service 'proper' until the ticket machines are swapped over to ERGs in January, to avoid the need to keep swapping machines over.

Ah i see , will these ticket machines be returned to First once Stagecoach install their machines? Think there only about 8 months old the machines Stagecoach Wigan are currently fitted with.

Unfortunately, Stagecoach can't pop down to local supermarket to buy 150 Ticket Machines!

Also, please remember that wigan depot is still in trans-action period until January.
When the First ticket machines should than be returned to them.

Then it will start again with Chester & Rock Ferry depots.

I got alx300/MAN were on 631 i was on boarded is 22304 Ex-Cambridge stagecoach in wigan were on stagecoach vinyls and mad drive to fast hee hee i enjoy that ALX300/MAN today.

Cheerio,

Martyn

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)