Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(06/12/2012 20:51)gilesbus1 Wrote:  The situation with Sightseeing vehicles was set out by Ensign some years ago. For services to merit new Citysightseeing buses they need to operate around the clock all year round as otherwise there is no income coming in to pay off the HP agreements when the service isn't generating any income because its not operating.

Yes new sightseeing buses would be nice, but unless its going into a 364 days a year operation it simply won't happen. What would be sent is vehicles that have been fully paid off in terms of HP, when I say HP of course I mean Hire Purchase charges, Or vehicles that are not on any type of full lease arangement.

In terms of vehicles Stagecoach have if it did decide to buy the franchise out, the most likely stuff in would probably be ex-London Tridents that are owned by Stagecoach outright rather than some they would have to purchase off a lease agreement, or alternatively some of the older V plate or W reg Tridents that are knocking about in Stagecoach Provincial fleets like Manchester.

Giles

Remember, Ensign are no longer involved with City Sightseeing so the criteria for new buses may be different.

Les.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One of the Sightseeing buses (D238 FYM?) was on its way to Wrexham when Gresford Hill (A483) killed it!

http://www.wrexham.com/news/broken-bus-t...15068.html

Looks like CX02 ECN (60033) was used by the mechanic to get there.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
S341 EWU is back on the Wirral, was on the 38 earlier on

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
R132 GSF was parked at the back of rock ferry last night, appeared to be behind R881 HRF (60115) in the scrap line. Is this bus currently based at RF? I did have it on a 1 one morning last week and was a tad confused when they had a driver change at rock ferry heading into liverpool on what i thought was a chester based bus!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Only just noticed this in the latest N&P
Quote:GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD
Director(s): ELISABETH ANNE TASKER, ANDREW ROBERT, COLIN BROWN, LESLIE WARNEFORD.
PG1116581 SN
GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD , LIVERPOOL L11 0BB, GB
Operating Centre: UNIT 2, RHOSDDU INDUSTRIAL ESTATE , WREXHAM LL11 4RL
Authorisation:15 Vehicle(s).
Transport Manager(s): PAUL LEE, LESLIE DAVID BURTON
Look like the dates around the first/second week for takeover are correct as objections to this have to be in by the 27th December.

Authorisation with First was 12, but I don’t read anything into the increase to 15.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(09/12/2012 11:47)Garsty Wrote:  Only just noticed this in the latest N&P
Quote:GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD
Director(s): ELISABETH ANNE TASKER, ANDREW ROBERT, COLIN BROWN, LESLIE WARNEFORD.
PG1116581 SN
GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD , LIVERPOOL L11 0BB, GB
Operating Centre: UNIT 2, RHOSDDU INDUSTRIAL ESTATE , WREXHAM LL11 4RL
Authorisation:15 Vehicle(s).
Transport Manager(s): PAUL LEE, LESLIE DAVID BURTON
Look like the dates around the first/second week for takeover are correct as objections to this have to be in by the 27th December.

Authorisation with First was 12, but I don’t read anything into the increase to 15.

Probably a few spare vehicles Stagecoach can add to the Wrexham fleet in case of breakdowns etc...

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Will Stagecoach be buying any new vehicles for their new Chester and Merseyside operation?

I must admit I am surprised First cannot make money here, they have a strong position in Chester and what appears to be a decent niche in the Mersey area. Maybe some new Stagecoach vehicles and a network review can help things more?
(10/12/2012 15:30)Polo Mint Wrote:  Will Stagecoach be buying any new vehicles for their new Chester and Merseyside operation?

I must admit I am surprised First cannot make money here, they have a strong position in Chester and what appears to be a decent niche in the Mersey area. Maybe some new Stagecoach vehicles and a network review can help things more?

There are some new buses due to arrive over the course of the year i'm told, presumably more enviro 300s.

From what i've been told, its not that there isnt money to be made in this area, its more that first just arnt interested. First potteries transferred chester and wirral to first manchester because they want to focus on the stoke area, manchester doesnt want us because they want to focus in manchester only - they want to try and maximise profit within the local area- chester andwirral just isnt really profitable compared to the rest of the manchester / potteries operation, if that makes sense!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(10/12/2012 15:53)R874 ERE Wrote:  
(10/12/2012 15:30)Polo Mint Wrote:  Will Stagecoach be buying any new vehicles for their new Chester and Merseyside operation?

There are some new buses due to arrive over the course of the year i'm told, presumably more enviro 300s.

From what i've been told, its not that there isnt money to be made in this area, its more that first just arnt interested. First potteries transferred chester and wirral to first manchester because they want to focus on the stoke area, manchester doesnt want us because they want to focus in manchester only - they want to try and maximise profit within the local area- chester andwirral just isnt really profitable compared to the rest of the manchester / potteries operation, if that makes sense!

Reckon First probably could see no way to expand in the Merseyside area, Stagecoach already having a large Merseyside area operation are much better placed, I have seen reported elsewhere that 20 Enviro200's are due, 14 for Birkenhead & 6 for Chester, and were said to be due around christmas/new year period.......confirmation needed of course, but would be no surprise given that a similar number of the same are in course of delivery to Wigan (plus 11 Enviro300's), and not forgetting several '04' (& a 'V') Darts being in store at Gillmoss pending use at Birkenhead/Chester.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(10/12/2012 19:36)gka472l Wrote:  Reckon First probably could see no way to expand in the Merseyside area, Stagecoach already having a large Merseyside area operation are much better placed, I have seen reported elsewhere that 20 Enviro200's are due, 14 for Birkenhead & 6 for Chester, and were said to be due around christmas/new year period.......confirmation needed of course, but would be no surprise given that a similar number of the same are in course of delivery to Wigan (plus 11 Enviro300's), and not forgetting several '04' (& a 'V') Darts being in store at Gillmoss pending use at Birkenhead/Chester.

HTH

It was mentioned by myself a few pages back.
36802-36807 for Chester, with the first one possibly being delivered this week, the rest following closely. 36808-36822 for Rock Ferry, delivery due to follow on immediately from the batch for Chester with some due to arrive in the new year, if ADL are running ahead enough they might get them all before the Christmas period but only time will tell. The registrations are all booked but I'm not sure if I can post them or not, the same goes for services they're ordered for.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)