Current time: 01/07/2024, 07:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(04/12/2012 19:53)3111 Wrote:  
(03/12/2012 07:10)Its a hobby Wrote:  I hope they run the tendered services in Liverpool until the proposed schedule end and don't give up with two weeks or so to go.
So do I! Besides being an enthusiast, I'm a paying passenger. I mainly use the 130 to get to a destination for non-bus-related reasons. Passengers who use the 130 have been disappointed too much recently; I think that it's time for things changed permanently... Are problems being addressed properly, Merseytravel?

Problem is, with Impera being based in Moreton, it really screws things up when a bus breaks down/gets bricked.

A replacement bus has to drive through the tunnel and up to Aintree and -by the time that's been done- the service is lost.
It's a real shame Impera don't have an outstation somewhere in Sefton, so they can get a fast turnaround.

By the way, I've been told Ace Travel get the 130 from Sunday 27 January 2013.
Find all posts by this user
PC1101681/32 - IMPERA BUS AND COACH LTD, 21 TARRAN WAY NORTH, MORETON, WIRRAL, CH46 4UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Pasture Road, Moreton
Finish Point: Bromborough Croft Retail Park
Via: Saughall Massie
Service Number: 47
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 28-JAN-2013
Other Details: Mon - Sat Every 30 Mins
(05/12/2012 14:59)mathias Wrote:  
(03/12/2012 07:10)Its a hobby Wrote:  I hope they run the tendered services in Liverpool until the proposed schedule end and don't give up with two weeks or so to go.
So do I! Besides being an enthusiast, I'm a paying passenger. I mainly use the 130 to get to a destination for non-bus-related reasons. Passengers who use the 130 have been disappointed too much recently; I think that it's time for things changed permanently... Are problems being addressed properly, Merseytravel?
Problem is, with Impera being based in Moreton, it really screws things up when a bus breaks down/gets bricked.

A replacement bus has to drive through the tunnel and up to Aintree and -by the time that's been done- the service is lost.
It's a real shame Impera don't have an outstation somewhere in Sefton, so they can get a fast turnaround.

Ace Travel would be alright; they seem to run services fine, from what I've seen of them. Also, they're based close to the route of the 130, unlike Impera. Hopefully, the future will be bright...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/12/2012 15:49)moreton407 Wrote:  PC1101681/32 - IMPERA BUS AND COACH LTD, 21 TARRAN WAY NORTH, MORETON, WIRRAL, CH46 4UA
Registration Accepted

Inventive.
Presumably also goes via Greasby, Irby, Pensby, Heswall & Clatterbridge Hosp. With a journey time of between 50 and 60 minutes.

Not too sure who they think the target audience will be though.

IMO, if I've correctly worked out the route, I think it would have been better as a circular service continuing from Bromborough-Birkenhead-Moreton and back round.
(05/12/2012 14:59)mathias Wrote:  

Impera should have thought of what would happen in bus breakdowns or other incidents when going after the contract.
Impera (IMO) messed up with the 130/210/241/250 contract for reasons yet to be fully confirmed. That said, until the FOI response comes back from Merseytravel, I don't think there is too much left to say on the matter.

I think it might be better to concentrate discussion on any new services they introduce, and their fleet!
PC1101681/32 - IMPERA BUS AND COACH LTD, 21 TARRAN WAY NORTH, MORETON, WIRRAL, CH46 4UA
Registration Accepted

Wouldnt it more likely go via Upton, Claughton, Birkenhead and New Ferry?
(05/12/2012 19:22)moreton407 Wrote:  RE: Impera Bus & Coach
Registration Accepted

Wouldnt it more likely go via Upton, Claughton, Birkenhead and New Ferry?

Can't see them wanting to compete with the 1/2/41/42/418/811/817 etc between Birkenhead & Bromborough... I would imagine Impera would be looking for new markets, rather than (unsuccessfully) attempting to take custom from popular established routes.

The QBP on the 1/2 means most people on the route commit to either Arriva or First.
One of their buses on the 130 tonight is not half given off a horrendous noise when breaking. Noted when I was going round Queens Drive Round about at the side of it and it all of a suddenly stopped half way round the round about, seemingly to let another bus out - quite why it did such a "illegal" stop I don't know.
I don't think anyone will be missing Impera in Liverpool!

I do hope they get a grip of themselves and really sort their operations out. Great to have independents, but they need to be inventive, committed and continually invest in their operations, especially into long term assets like their vehicles.

Okay buying a few third/fouth hand buses and starting a couple of services, but if they want to get passengers on their buses, they need to become a lot more attractive to their potential customers. Modern buses, reliable timetables, good value fares and well trained, customer focused staff are essential to their survival.

It will be interesting to see if Stagecoach have much of an effect.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 34 Guest(s)