Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(02/12/2012 11:09)Penny Return Wrote:  
(02/12/2012 10:35)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  
(01/12/2012 22:41)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Enviro 200 are a bit of a disappointment and ridiculous in my opinion especially if they are for service 1.

They're not.

They are ! be told by people who use the 1 day in day out

Understand what he means - the Enviro200s are NOT for the 1, they are for other work.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A few rare sightings today X612 OBN has green on 51/53 first time I've seen it. S341 KWU is on 51/53 as well and a YK53 G?? B7 is on Blacons

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
In regards to the sightseeing Olympians at Chester, as I understand it they don't belong to FirstGroup and never have and neither will they belong to Stagecoach, they are leased as part of the City Sightseeing Contract. So it will not be up to Stagecoach to replace them but upto Citysightseeing instead, unless the terms of the contract are reviewed.

Stagecoach of course in Stratford and Cambridge have brought their own buses in after agreeing new contracts. DDA compliancy in the next few years will mean replacement so a new contract could be agreed to avoid City Sightseeing having to replace them. On the other hand another contractor could win the contract such as Arriva, GHA or Helms as there is nothing to stop them from bidding for the work although that might throw a spanner in teh works so to speak. If City Sightseeingw as to lend the buses again it no doubt would be the stuff thats at other fleets now that is low floor and that in turn could be replaced by new stuff, or it could be chopped down ex London Low Floor deckers but not Gemini's as they cannot be converted as the structure would simply come apart as the roof is core to the types construction.
Find all posts by this user
As far as I know the two you have outlined there are actually owned by Stagecoach with the rights to the name, livery etc purchased from Ensign. I believe the same kind of deal exists in Liverpool where ACE Travel own the rights to the City Sightseeing franchise so they couldn't possibly lose it. Stagecoach could easily work out the same sort of deal for Chester if they deemed it worthwhile.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
I think the deal in Liverpool is Ace own the Liverpool arm of City Sightseeing bought from Ensign so as you say they cant loose it as the vehicles belong to Ace
In the long term new sightseeing buses are the answer than converting old wrecks all
the time

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
City Sightseeing will probably never get brand new vehicles as it doesn't make enough money to justify them.

Conversions of existing vehicles are perfectly fine and much cheaper.
(04/12/2012 19:03)mbonwick Wrote:  City Sightseeing will probably never get brand new vehicles as it doesn't make enough money to justify them.

Conversions of existing vehicles are perfectly fine and much cheaper.

Correct, sightseeing only usually sees investments in new buses in big cities such as glasgow, london etc as in a lot of areas its not feasible to invest in new buses costing more than the route actually earns!

I am no longer active on this forum.
stagecoach takeover is 13 january

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
The situation with Sightseeing vehicles was set out by Ensign some years ago. For services to merit new Citysightseeing buses they need to operate around the clock all year round as otherwise there is no income coming in to pay off the HP agreements when the service isn't generating any income because its not operating.

Yes new sightseeing buses would be nice, but unless its going into a 364 days a year operation it simply won't happen. What would be sent is vehicles that have been fully paid off in terms of HP, when I say HP of course I mean Hire Purchase charges, Or vehicles that are not on any type of full lease arangement.

In terms of vehicles Stagecoach have if it did decide to buy the franchise out, the most likely stuff in would probably be ex-London Tridents that are owned by Stagecoach outright rather than some they would have to purchase off a lease agreement, or alternatively some of the older V plate or W reg Tridents that are knocking about in Stagecoach Provincial fleets like Manchester.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)