Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
Well inevitably the ex-London Olympians will need replacing soon, and they certainly would be rather interesting o/t conversions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'm sorry, but what planet are you on where Geminis go on school services? I don't know which ones we're talking about here, but I'm quite sure school servicse don't justify them!

The best City Sightseeing can hope for is some early Tridents, possibly ex-London.
(01/12/2012 22:28)SNL 824 Wrote:  Well inevitably the ex-London Olympians will need replacing soon, and they certainly would be rather interesting o/t conversions.

They aren't reliable them Olympians. Very poor buses. Going back to the park and ride service I disagree with people who complain about it terminating outside the zoo entrance are just looking for something to moan about tbf. The zoo car park is for zoo customers only whereas the park and ride site is there for park and ride customers. And theres no excuse to complain as the no 1 goes from inside the zoo. Enviro 200 are a bit of a disappointment and ridiculous in my opinion especially if they are for service 1. Stagecoach have a batch of scania enviro 300 in huddersfield so surely I'd have thought similar would have come.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(01/12/2012 22:34)mbonwick Wrote:  I'm sorry, but what planet are you on where Geminis go on school services? I don't know which ones we're talking about here, but I'm quite sure school servicse don't justify them!

The best City Sightseeing can hope for is some early Tridents, possibly ex-London.

planet First - they had a solar on schools a week or so back- but seriously if they remain at RF they're getting on for 9 years old so they will end up on schools probably with some off peak workings on the 38 if that route survives. Maybe as early as 2014, as the recently imported S reg deckers won't last much beyond that.
Even at 9 years old, they're too new for schools in my book.
Generally, 11 years and older is what Stagecoach aim for on schools.
(01/12/2012 22:41)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  
(01/12/2012 22:28)SNL 824 Wrote:  Well inevitably the ex-London Olympians will need replacing soon, and they certainly would be rather interesting o/t conversions.

They aren't reliable them Olympians. Very poor buses. Going back to the park and ride service I disagree with people who complain about it terminating outside the zoo entrance are just looking for something to moan about tbf. The zoo car park is for zoo customers only whereas the park and ride site is there for park and ride customers. And theres no excuse to complain as the no 1 goes from inside the zoo. Enviro 200 are a bit of a disappointment and ridiculous in my opinion especially if they are for service 1. Stagecoach have a batch of scania enviro 300 in huddersfield so surely I'd have thought similar would have come.
They had a hard life in London I suspect. Not sure if these particular vehicles were allocated, but I remember them converting the 137 Oxford Circus to Streatham Hill from RM to omo with C and D reg Olympians. That route is hard work for any bus.
(01/12/2012 22:41)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  
Stagecoach have a batch of scania enviro 300 in huddersfield so surely I'd have thought similar would have come.

Sorry but Stagecoach sold Huddersfield in 2008 to Arriva/Centrebus which now trades as the Huddersfield Bus Company. Stagecoach do however operate around Barnsley and Doncaster in South Yorkshire.
(01/12/2012 22:52)mbonwick Wrote:  Even at 9 years old, they're too new for schools in my book.
Generally, 11 years and older is what Stagecoach aim for on schools.

bear in mind something has to give on the schools almost immediately, if Scanias are replaced as some of these see schools duties daily - not that I'm saying Geminis - but something newer on schools.
(01/12/2012 22:41)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Enviro 200 are a bit of a disappointment and ridiculous in my opinion especially if they are for service 1.

They're not.
(02/12/2012 10:35)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  
(01/12/2012 22:41)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  Enviro 200 are a bit of a disappointment and ridiculous in my opinion especially if they are for service 1.

They're not.

They are ! be told by people who use the 1 day in day out

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)