Current time: 24/04/2024, 04:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(29/11/2012 18:36)Quackdave Wrote:  Double deckers on the 1 would probably not be a good idea LOL

A route change is needed to bypass the bridge on the 1,deckers are needed at peak times
especially on a sunday when cheshire oaks passengers warrant decker usage

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/11/2012 19:04)Penny Return Wrote:  
(29/11/2012 18:36)Quackdave Wrote:  Double deckers on the 1 would probably not be a good idea LOL

A route change is needed to bypass the bridge on the 1,deckers are needed at peak times
especially on a sunday when cheshire oaks passengers warrant decker usage

The problem with the number 1 is the frequency it should be every 10 minutes and should be a single decker one journey and a double decker the next journey and alternate between them.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I dont think deckers are needed on most 1's - although during peak time and when people are heading home from Cheshire oaks in the evenings, the buses can be busy with standees, they arnt overcrouded and a full seated load with 5 or so standees still doesnt justify decker use as that would ultimatley result in empty seats - Operators prefer running a full single deck rather than a 2/3 full doubledeck!

Perhaps on a Sunday though on certain journeys when the times are less frequent- and certain journeys from cheshire oaks through the week during the lead up to christmas when it tends to be busier, deckers should be used!

I am no longer active on this forum.
The 1 won't be re-routed, as part of the QBP and (subsidised?) agreements with merseytravel it is required to stop directly outside Bache station as it is the "Bus-link" to the zoo as featured on all station name signage and the "merseytravel/chester zoo" ticketing offer.
(29/11/2012 21:03)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The 1 won't be re-routed, as part of the QBP and (subsidised?) agreements with merseytravel it is required to stop directly outside Bache station as it is the "Bus-link" to the zoo as featured on all station name signage and the "merseytravel/chester zoo" ticketing offer.

It isn't the advertised rail-bus link to the Zoo any more, (although tickets remain valid that way). That's why the signage at Bache was removed, and the on train "change here" announcement replaced with Countess of Chester hospital instead of the Zoo.

They changed the rail-bus link to the P+R 32 from outside of Chester Station.

http://www.chesterzoo.org/plan-your-visi...n%20Ticket

They didn't want train passengers using the 1 so that passengers travelling beyond Chester Zoo (i.e. the majority) could get a seat and the bus wasn't full of prams.
I have hears there is a few gripes with the fact that the 32 does not operate to the entrance to Chester Zoo but only to the park and ride site nearby which has caused a bit of tension between passenger and driver as it is a bit of a walk to get to the entrance .

I have to agree with 507009 and R874ERE that there is not much call for double deckers , maybe on special event days like Chester Races would Double deckers be of any use and there is a precedence as Arriva did do that replacing Pulsars and Cadets , with Enviro400's and Palatine's.
(26/11/2012 21:09)R874 ERE Wrote:  yes Andy that is pretty much stating the obvious- once they take over theyll slowly scrap the scanias and replace as required - thats certain already.

Plus first havnt finished moving buses around yet - I was told on work experience that the gemini B7TLs are on lease from Yorkshire anyway and should have been heading to pastures new as other replacements arrived from Manchester so they might not stay yet - its likely first may dump all the scrappers in Rock Ferry / Chester and take the newer stuff, exactly what Arriva did with Gillmoss- Only way to find out is stop guessing and wait and see Smile

Luke

The B7TL's are staying the where included in teh deal as are the Volvo B7RLE's.

However as the Volvo B7TL Wright Gemini combination is not common in Stagecoach, there is only one other similar size batch at Road Car (Stagecoach East Midlands) plus the 10 B9TL's at Wigan it may be possible that at some time in the future that all 20 get brought together somewhere, more than likely a North West Area depot now, in the interests of spares.
Has anyone see First Manchester 34260 L536LHG recently?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(30/11/2012 21:20)chester285 Wrote:  Has anyone see First Manchester 34260 L536LHG recently?

I've not seen it for a while either, maybe in the depot out of use or in the pits, I don't think it was on the Stagecoach fleetlist so may have departed for use elsewhere or scrap.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
34260 is only fit for one place being an L reg vehicle .

First did always seem to like having old deckers for some of its more marginal work that needed double deckers because a single decker couldnt cope .

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)