Current time: 23/04/2024, 08:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
Some recent disposals from First Chester are

Opatre Solo 40014 (W473 SVT)
Scania 61530 (R118 GSF)

Noted on monday Volvo Olympian 34260 (N536 LHG) has a white sticker on its windscreen, maybe out of service but cannot confirm

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
R118 GSF has been at the back of Chester depot for absolutely ages awaiting its fate. Might be a year since it was in service.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/11/2012 21:38)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  R118 GSF has been at the back of Chester depot for absolutely ages awaiting its fate. Might be a year since it was in service.

it looked a mess when it was towed away, looks like vandals had taken some shots at it,
no doubt a few more will head the same direction in the coming weeks

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(21/11/2012 21:44)chester285 Wrote:  
(21/11/2012 21:38)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  R118 GSF has been at the back of Chester depot for absolutely ages awaiting its fate. Might be a year since it was in service.

it looked a mess when it was towed away, looks like vandals had taken some shots at it,
no doubt a few more will head the same direction in the coming weeks

Must be about 18 months since 61530 was towed in. They spent thousands replacing the engine when it seized up about 5 years ago so I don't think they were too impressed when it went bang again. Since then every usable part on in has been robbed and fitted onto the other scanias. It was always going to be scrapped, it was just a question of when.
Don't think it's been mentioned here yet but the confirmed handover date to Stagecoach is the 16th December (a fortnight after the Wigan handover on 2nd December).
I'd wait and see, the dates being thrown around are only target handover dates, not actual dates.
So far only Chester (authorised for 60, currently 50 with First) and Birkenhead (authorised for 80, currently 75 with First) depots have been added to the Glenvale Ltd operator license, a new license application is currently in process for Wrexham (under Welsh area rather than North West). Now Chester and Birkenhead are both registered as authorised operating centres the service registrations should start appearing. Only time will tell on the Wrexham license.
It had and also believe it when it happens too many rumours and found out tha fleet list i was given and john glover on yahoo was given was fake and stagecoach merseyside have only done a paer one and a official one will not be done before christmas so unless your date is wrong i belive what I have been informed from stagecoach
Wrexham's only an outstation of Chester, so surely it would appear on the Glenvale license?
(23/11/2012 18:38)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  I'd wait and see, the dates being thrown around are only target handover dates, not actual dates.
So far only Chester (authorised for 60, currently 50 with First) and Birkenhead (authorised for 80, currently 75 with First) depots have been added to the Glenvale Ltd operator license, a new license application is currently in process for Wrexham (under Welsh area rather than North West). Now Chester and Birkenhead are both registered as authorised operating centres the service registrations should start appearing. Only time will tell on the Wrexham license.
Nothing was in yesterday’s Welsh N&P for Wrexham. Looks like it can take about 4 to 6 weeks from application to it being granted (3 weeks for objections, 1 to 3 for issuing it).

So Wrexham's won’t be granted until sometime in January now and that’s if they apply by the 6th December.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Anyway where did these figures come from and tbh i will believe it when i see some documented proof from stagecoach

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)