Current time: 26/04/2024, 11:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Birkenhead, Chester & Wrexham
Here is some info about it anyway

http://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/arc...twork.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(12/11/2012 11:50)Southernsofty Wrote:  More good news, the pink and purple Evil Empire shrinks again!
Not very familiar with these areas, hoping that the First vehicle fleets don't have many modern vehicles (post 2001) so S/C will have to replace all of them in the next few years.
Would be nice if First transferred out any modern vehicles and moved in old vehicles before the takeover.

The vast majority of the Chester & Wirral is made up of mainly R, S, T registered vehicles a few X then 53 onwards so it's not as if they've got the modernest fleet around, compared to the likes of Stagecoach and Arriva.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
For your speculation, you can almost certainly include the stored B10L's and B10BLE's at Gillmoss (there was a reason they were held in reserve rather than moving to disposal after the Olympics), which will make a nice dent into the Scania fleet for the time being until newer more suitable vehicles are found.
(12/11/2012 11:48)Southernsofty Wrote:  Would be nice if First transferred out any modern vehicles and moved in old vehicles before the takeover.

Aren't the Park & Ride 09-reg Volvos owned by CWaC? Presumably they'll be staying, if that's the case
(12/11/2012 15:55)plannerman Wrote:  
(12/11/2012 11:48)Southernsofty Wrote:  Would be nice if First transferred out any modern vehicles and moved in old vehicles before the takeover.

Aren't the Park & Ride 09-reg Volvos owned by CWaC? Presumably they'll be staying, if that's the case

I think the volvos are actually owned by first as when they won the contract, they diverted the from new,

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I think Stagecoach will do an excellent job at Chester & Wirral in my opinion, hopefully we'll see something like they did with GTL and radically turn around the operation in just 5 or so years.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(12/11/2012 16:01)V671 DVU Wrote:  I think Stagecoach will do an excellent job at Chester & Wirral in my opinion, hopefully we'll see something like they did with GTL and radically turn around the operation in just 5 or so years.

I have to agree, unfortunately First tended to make promises the could'nt keep by looking after the services in Chester, the sooner they have gone the better to be honest

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I like the fact they have confirmed Wrexham, as I was half expecting that not to be made clear at the initial announcement.

Interesting times, whilst I did not which First any bad (Like some people around the web do), I do think that Stagecoach have the potential to do some good things with this purchase.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
I truly hope they DON'T do the same as they did at Gillmoss.

Fair enough they replaced old with new, but much smaller buses which led to, and still is, causing chronic overcrowding.

The 1 and 2 could be fantastic "premium" routes for Stagecoach, if we end up with Darts then the route is doomed.

They are presumably going to need a fairly large double decker fleet of some description on the Wirral, especially for the 471/472 and schools.
I have always thought that is what Chester needs, a more 'upmarket', perhaps a ‘Goldline’ type bus service. At the end of the day the car rules in Chester, both a combination of greater wealth and also how the road system actually works, which makes driving pleasant and easy, does not help in convincing people to use the bus instead.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)