Current time: 05/05/2024, 06:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Seen Sharston's 19053 MX56 FSC on the 237 tonight, is it a loan or transfer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/11/2012 22:25)Benzo Wrote:  Seen Sharston's 19053 MX56 FSC on the 237 tonight, is it a loan or transfer?

It looks like a transfer. Following in the footsteps of 19049 and 19051. I think they've been acquired to replace the 06 reg's that went to Exeter. Sharston have taken some S reg MAN's to replace them, from Charles Street.
Not sure if its been mentioned on here but I've had confirmation that when the Hybrid Enviro 400s arrive at Stockport Depot it will release the MAN Enviro 400s (196--) for transfer onwards to Wigan Depot.

Also another thing that's keeps being mentioned is that the B7 single decks and B9 Geminis will be stopping at Wigan Depot but will be refurbished upto Stagecoach standards.

Finally I heard yesterday that there's supposedly vehicles on their way upto Manchester from Cambridge (not to sure what) possibly for transfer onwards to Wigan Depot
(11/11/2012 07:50)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if its been mentioned on here but I've had confirmation that when the Hybrid Enviro 400s arrive at Stockport Depot it will release the MAN Enviro 400s (196--) for transfer onwards to Wigan Depot.

Also another thing that's keeps being mentioned is that the B7 single decks and B9 Geminis will be stopping at Wigan Depot but will be refurbished upto Stagecoach standards.

Finally I heard yesterday that there's supposedly vehicles on their way upto Manchester from Cambridge (not to sure what) possibly for transfer onwards to Wigan Depot

On another forum (yahoo groups), 22301-22305/8 are expected from East.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(11/11/2012 07:50)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if its been mentioned on here but I've had confirmation that when the Hybrid Enviro 400s arrive at Stockport Depot it will release the MAN Enviro 400s (196--) for transfer onwards to Wigan Depot.

Well that's a surprise. I didn't expect the 59 reg MAN's to be going to Wigan. Although I do believe they are not overly popular with some drivers, so maybe that's the reason.
(08/11/2012 22:29)Benzo Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 18:08)james Wrote:  
(06/11/2012 23:07)Mayneway Wrote:  Stockport have two buses on the 216 Monday - Saturday until the Metrolink work is completed. Its normally two MAN's that are used but the odd Enviro 400 has been used from ST on a Saturday.

on the 216 subject was a nice change to see a stockport enviro 300 36108 ???i think it was on 216`s nice to see a x reg man and a enviro up each others ass on the same service at the lights outside ashton baths today

Dont forget that it could had been on the 7 or 317
no it clearly had 216 on it at the back
(08/11/2012 21:49)Mayneway Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 21:00)ace Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 20:05)SF07 Wrote:  Have only seen MANs being used on the 183, so would say that they are the regular vehicle on the route.

I've only seen MAN's on the 183 as well, on the few occasions I have seen it. I thought 33174 was supposed to have been transferred especially for that route, but it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth as I haven't seen it since it left Stockport. Does anyone know what it is doing these days? Not that I'm particularly missing it though LOL

That's why I ask Smile
I saw 33174 going up Oldham Rd towards Oldham on Monday afternoon, presumably to do driver changeover, so it's still knocking about, but mainly as a taxi bus.

Same being said about the 2 Tridents at AZ, they only ever seem to be on staff taxi duties, mainly going too and from Glossop for driver changeovers on the 390, I did see a glimpse of one in service during half term, coming down penny meadow with a handful of passengers on board but the driver had already changed the board to 'not in service'.
one of the tridents every day does the 863 (st damiens school) thena peak 231 to ashton then depot
Oh Dear Man Enviro400's im not a fan of them hopefully there confined to the 540/658 as they are routes that could do with a Capacity upgrade or Maybe the 600?

I dont know if this is the right topic but a few of the first Wigan R-SBA darts have been debranded including First Logos removed and Stickers off the rear windows Willow leafs removed to but otherwise still fully branded
What's going on with all the naming of buses at Stockport? I noticed 36482 is now called 'Bizzie Bus'. This now goes alongside 'Queenie' and 'Mr Zoomer'. Is there any significance behind the names, or are they just for fun?
Any idea what fleetnumbers the B9 double deckers,B7 single deckers and what is left at wigan will have when the takeover is complete?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)