Current time: 02/05/2024, 18:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(08/11/2012 10:30)gilbert Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 08:26)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 00:02)gilbert Wrote:  Unusual to see 3 hybrids [12110,12115 and 12116] on the X57 during quite a short period.

Very unusual gilbert. I see the X57 regularly & only very occasionally see a hybrid doing it. Never mind 3 of them.

There's usually one on the last trip to Woodford weekday evenings and occasionally one late morning on a Saturday but normally 3 within a short period.

Is there a particular reason why "the last trip to Woodford weekday evenings"? What difference would it make if it was just the regular non-hybrid?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It's just the way the bus is scheduled. The running board concerned comes off the 219.
(08/11/2012 12:46)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 10:30)gilbert Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 08:26)YSV-205 Wrote:  Very unusual gilbert. I see the X57 regularly & only very occasionally see a hybrid doing it. Never mind 3 of them.

There's usually one on the last trip to Woodford weekday evenings and occasionally one late morning on a Saturday but normally 3 within a short period.

Is there a particular reason why "the last trip to Woodford weekday evenings"? What difference would it make if it was just the regular non-hybrid?

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.
(06/11/2012 23:07)Mayneway Wrote:  
(06/11/2012 22:42)Benzo Wrote:  Seen a Stockport MAN 22228 (I think) doing a 216. Are Stockport doing few workings on that route again?

Stockport have two buses on the 216 Monday - Saturday until the Metrolink work is completed. Its normally two MAN's that are used but the odd Enviro 400 has been used from ST on a Saturday.

on the 216 subject was a nice change to see a stockport enviro 300 36108 ???i think it was on 216`s nice to see a x reg man and a enviro up each others ass on the same service at the lights outside ashton baths today
(08/11/2012 18:08)james Wrote:  
(06/11/2012 23:07)Mayneway Wrote:  
(06/11/2012 22:42)Benzo Wrote:  Seen a Stockport MAN 22228 (I think) doing a 216. Are Stockport doing few workings on that route again?

Stockport have two buses on the 216 Monday - Saturday until the Metrolink work is completed. Its normally two MAN's that are used but the odd Enviro 400 has been used from ST on a Saturday.

on the 216 subject was a nice change to see a stockport enviro 300 36108 ???i think it was on 216`s nice to see a x reg man and a enviro up each others ass on the same service at the lights outside ashton baths today

Think it would have been an Enviro 200 not a 300, the only 300 is based at Sharston.

I notice that most 7's during the day are now operated with MANs rather than Darts these days.

And does anyone know what's the regular performer on the 183 in Oldham, I rarely get chance to get up there these days.
(08/11/2012 19:18)Mayneway Wrote:  And does anyone know what's the regular performer on the 183 in Oldham, I rarely get chance to get up there these days.

Have only seen MANs being used on the 183, so would say that they are the regular vehicle on the route.

Meanwhile, Omnibus blog has an article on the Stagecoach/Bluebird takeover and raises an interesting question, which is 'would First have sold Wigan depot to Stagecoach if they knew that Stagecoach were trying to buy Bluebird and move into north Manchester (First territory)'?

http://omnibuses.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/...leton.html
(08/11/2012 20:05)SF07 Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 19:18)Mayneway Wrote:  And does anyone know what's the regular performer on the 183 in Oldham, I rarely get chance to get up there these days.

Have only seen MANs being used on the 183, so would say that they are the regular vehicle on the route.

I've only seen MAN's on the 183 as well, on the few occasions I have seen it. I thought 33174 was supposed to have been transferred especially for that route, but it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth as I haven't seen it since it left Stockport. Does anyone know what it is doing these days? Not that I'm particularly missing it though LOL
(08/11/2012 10:09)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 08:59)P450 SWX Wrote:  Sorry to ask but what do Bluebird own bus wise ?

This is what I have a record of. Hope the attachment works. If it doesn't I will post it as text.

I presume all the reg numbers that are on Private plates will have to revert back to their original reg numbers. It seems rather odd that a struggling company would throw money away by investing in personalised reg numbers Undecided
(08/11/2012 21:00)ace Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 20:05)SF07 Wrote:  

I've only seen MAN's on the 183 as well, on the few occasions I have seen it. I thought 33174 was supposed to have been transferred especially for that route, but it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth as I haven't seen it since it left Stockport. Does anyone know what it is doing these days? Not that I'm particularly missing it though LOL

That's why I ask Smile
I saw 33174 going up Oldham Rd towards Oldham on Monday afternoon, presumably to do driver changeover, so it's still knocking about, but mainly as a taxi bus.

Same being said about the 2 Tridents at AZ, they only ever seem to be on staff taxi duties, mainly going too and from Glossop for driver changeovers on the 390, I did see a glimpse of one in service during half term, coming down penny meadow with a handful of passengers on board but the driver had already changed the board to 'not in service'.
(08/11/2012 21:05)ace Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 10:09)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(08/11/2012 08:59)P450 SWX Wrote:  Sorry to ask but what do Bluebird own bus wise ?

This is what I have a record of. Hope the attachment works. If it doesn't I will post it as text.

I presume all the reg numbers that are on Private plates will have to revert back to their original reg numbers. It seems rather odd that a struggling company would throw money away by investing in personalised reg numbers Undecided

It's something the owner has done for years, he seemed quite fond of his private plates.
I wouldn't say they were struggling if the reports that they turned over £330,000 in the previous year are true, infact I would say if anything the family just seem to have lost interest and enthusiasm in recent times. Don't forget they were recently gained tenders and don't bus operators need to have a large sum of finance in reserve to be able to operate? This being the demise of UK North, the coffers were empty Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)