Current time: 11/05/2024, 06:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(21/07/2022 20:37)Manc93 Wrote:  19271 was parked up in Stockport depot along one of the walls for months (Probably since October like you said), presumably with a fault, however it has been moved, can't remember how long ago maybe 2/3 months ago, maybe into the engineering depot but that is a total guess, bustimes does say it has been repainted but have not seen it on the road myself.

Thanks again mate much appreciated. I keep a watch on bus times might be one that gets a transfer like a few did to Yorkshire/Sheffield recently.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Electric Enviro 400 City 14031 is working from Stockport on the 11. Presumably this is to cover for Commonwealth games vehicles but it seems a strange one as all the electric infrastructure must be at Sharston.
(26/07/2022 16:23)Redmikey Wrote:  Electric Enviro 400 City 14031 is working from Stockport on the 11. Presumably this is to cover for Commonwealth games vehicles but it seems a strange one as all the electric infrastructure must be at Sharston.

Apparently to be a regular occurrence for a while. Sharston covering some Stockport duties on the 11 due to driver shortage there. 14003 yesterday, 12237 and 14031 today.
(26/07/2022 16:23)Redmikey Wrote:  Electric Enviro 400 City 14031 is working from Stockport on the 11. Presumably this is to cover for Commonwealth games vehicles but it seems a strange one as all the electric infrastructure must be at Sharston.

Yes Sharston are covering some 11 trips and 11A (A Magic was on there yesterday), and Hyde Road on the 192 (Various buses on there)

Think Sharston are also running the 171/172, seen various Green Hybrids and 104-- on there today & yesterday.
Seeing a BYC Enviro400City isn't actually an odd sight on 11/11As to be honest as during the pandemic when we had social distancing in force they were regulars on the School Service versions of the above routes.
(22/07/2022 05:47)M60lad Wrote:  Does anyone know whether any vehicles from Stagecoach Manchester have gone to help out at Commonwealth Games?

Noted recently is that for some reason (maybe connected to the question above) that there seems to be allot more Enviro200s appearing on Middleton Depot's Moston Lane services recently in place of the usual MMC400s surely Stagecoach Manchester can't be that short of double deckers that Enviro200s have to appear on services to/from Manchester

I was in Birmingham yesterday and had a quick glance at fleet numbers where convenient. I did notice 36781 at least.
(31/07/2022 12:15)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I was in Birmingham yesterday and had a quick glance at fleet numbers where convenient. I did notice 36781 at least.

SKM is maintaining a spreadsheet on their Online Publications website of the vehicles in use at the Commonwealth Games, and where they have come from, which shows 66 Enviro400 MMCs; 1 Enviro400; 2 E200MMCs and 8 Enviro200s from Manchester. So probably good reason to suspect that the unusual allocations that have been noted are connected with those loans.
Stagecoach fares to change from 4th September, in line with the changes to single fares and any bus day ticket being introduced by Andy Burnham.

Stagecoach dayrider will go up 30p to £5.60, which will be mainly applicable to journeys that head in/out of Greater Manchester (42C, 237, 358, 360 and 635). Weekly ticket will go up to £18.50. Anyone travelling within GM on Stagecoach buses can get cheaper day tickets by purchasing the flexi bundles with a pack of 5 costing £23 (£4.60 each) and a pack of 10 costing £42.50 (£4.25 each).

The Middleton and Wigan range of tickets will be scrapped and replaced by the £2 single and £5 any bus day tickets.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...ember-2022
22583 has now been withdrawn from service at Wigan marking the end of MAN single deck operation after 23/24 years of running them in Greater Manchester.

**EDIT** It has now been reinstated (12/9/22) due to vehicle shortages
I'm just trying to make sense of the pricing for day riders. If Stagecoach have put their price up to £5.60, but an anybus rider is now £5, wouldn't it make sense just to buy an anybus ticket, or do Stagecoach not accept those for some journeys?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)