Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
(31/08/2012 06:49)M60lad Wrote:  Yes traffic through Cheshire Oaks has been and will always be a problem for Route 1, I think this is where it where it loses most of its time and also I'm guessing at busy times other problems have been the Junction improvement works in Ellesmere Port which delay services even more hence why you then get a 1 and 2 running together then from Little Sutton-Liverpool

Good point, going through Cheshire Oaks will be worse in the run up until Christmas. I wonder if it'd be better swapping the 1 & X2 routes from Ellesmere Port to Chester when the X2 operates, but keeping the currant 1 route at other times, when the X2 does not operate.

A side note i hate the prefix "X" being allocated to route numbers when they stop at every stop. like X2 & X30, as to me "X" means Limited Stop route.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Would the X2 be better renumbered 2 and the present 2 renumbered 3.
Think the X2 would be better numbered either 2C or 3C, keep currant 2 as it is.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(31/08/2012 10:46)wirralbus Wrote:  Would the X2 be better renumbered 2 and the present 2 renumbered 3.
Or maybe the 1 and the 2 should be changed to 401 and 402 (why they're not is beyond me!) and the X2 could be changed to 403, or something like that...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Why not 1, 2 and 3? It's simpler than 401/2/3 :P

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(31/08/2012 12:47)P528LND Wrote:  Why not 1, 2 and 3? It's simpler than 401/2/3 :P
Because there are other services that're numbered "1" in Chester and most Birkenhead (and the surrounding areas) services are numbered 4xx!

I don't understand Merseyside at all me, here in Manchester, prefix 0## and 1## are for services out of manchester and Northbound, 1## and 2## for southbound services, then local code 3## is for services in Stockport and Tameside, 4## is for Oldham, Rochdale and East Bury, 5## is for West Bury, Bolton and East Wigan, and 6## is for Wigan and Leigh. There's just a few that don't go by that rule :P

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
I think it should be 401/402 and 2 but how it supposed to work the 1/2/x2 where planned to first bus hence the single prefec route numbers and they have everning and sunday

the 471/472 is more under arriv control with everning routes by arriva i think arriva should operate some 1s especially on sunday this QBP is or has gone out of hand there should extend the X2 to Liverpool operate it limited stops example Liverpool - Birkenhead - Bromborough - Ellsmere Port then every stop like X2 to chester
(31/08/2012 13:23)P450 SWX Wrote:  there should extend the X2 to Liverpool operate it limited stops example Liverpool - Birkenhead - Bromborough - Ellsmere Port then every stop like X2 to chester
I completely agree!

(31/08/2012 13:24)27701 Wrote:  
(31/08/2012 13:23)P450 SWX Wrote:  there should extend the X2 to Liverpool operate it limited stops example Liverpool - Birkenhead - Bromborough - Ellsmere Port then every stop like X2 to chester
I completely agree!

All that does is dilute the profit that First and Arriva can make on the Liverpool - Chester service , what we dont want to see is buses following each other carrying hardly any passengers we had enough of that when the 1 and 401 operated before QBP.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)