Current time: 20/04/2024, 10:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
60139 was awful, and i love my ultralows but not that!

Theres a few very good ones, but in all honesty i like them all!

60005,60113,60080,60115,60053,60107,60109 are all good!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A solar on the Barnston 472 turned up in Birkenhead bus station about an hour ago, absolutely packed from Liverpool, the driver wasn't letting anybody else on it, meaning that people had to wait an extra 20 minutes for the next one. Stupid really considering RF got double deckers for the service...

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
60052 is dumped in the left hand corner of the yard,some of those 604xx vermin have
gone leaving 60139 visible in the middle

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(29/08/2012 17:54)busdude Wrote:  A solar on the Barnston 472 turned up in Birkenhead bus station about an hour ago, absolutely packed from Liverpool, the driver wasn't letting anybody else on it, meaning that people had to wait an extra 20 minutes for the next one. Stupid really considering RF got double deckers for the service...

That is fantastic for a QBP, having a bus that doesn't meet demand especially at peak periods. What a fantastic service to the public. What a way to encourage people to leave the car at home and use the bus. We the public get treated as Dog Muck. Old second hand buses, top wack fares by a company that has just won a bid to destroy the West Coast Main Line.. Can't wait.

Cool Life is for living !
Can't speak for 471/2 but i see buses bunching all the time on 1/2 and hear people
complaining about buses being late or not even turning up at all Merseytravel should
do away with this so called Qpb it is not working

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(30/08/2012 06:54)Penny Return Wrote:  Can't speak for 471/2 but i see buses bunching all the time on 1/2 and hear people
complaining about buses being late or not even turning up at all Merseytravel should
do away with this so called Qpb it is not working

The 1/2 seems wholly ill thought out in terms of operation IMO.

Arriva are the "minority" partner in running the services- and run none on a Sunday or Bank Holiday. However they have fairly new buses and are fairly reliable timetable wise. Occasionally, the single deck capacity can be a little constraining.

First run most of the service using old vehicles, R or T reg vehicles for the most part. They look tired and unattractive to customers. No "quality" image.
Perhaps because they appear to run more services, they are often the operator who has the majority of late running/no shows. Also, why do about 75% of the time, we sit outside Rock Ferry depot for 5 minutes changing drivers? No other operator changes driver so often!

Even the 41/42 routes are starting to be overcrowded for a single deck vehicle.

All well and good saying wait until after the Olympics and see what happens, but Merseytravel should never have signed off on this until the quality infrastructure and vehicles were immediately available.
The QBP for the 1 & 2 is quite odd, thought the idea of having QBP on the is both companies have equal share of both routes, like 471/472, Arriva operate every 40 min only on route 2[although they operate every 60, on a 30 min freq on the X2] but no service on the 1

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
But First have two depot actually on the line of the route which should have helped with relability and punctuality , think the Route 1 running through Cheshire Oaks can lead to delays at peak times.
Yes traffic through Cheshire Oaks has been and will always be a problem for Route 1, I think this is where it where it loses most of its time and also I'm guessing at busy times other problems have been the Junction improvement works in Ellesmere Port which delay services even more hence why you then get a 1 and 2 running together then from Little Sutton-Liverpool
There is still work being done at the Sutton Way Junction which seems to affect all Liverpool bound services through the junction , but that can not be the only problem as that does not provide a 15/20 minute delay

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)