Current time: 23/04/2024, 08:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
Don't know which one but what I'm assuming is one of Gillmoss's E400MMC's is parked in the yard at Rock Ferry rubbed down for repaint, spotted at 0440 this morning as I drove to work.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/05/2021 04:34)gka472l Wrote:  Don't know which one but what I'm assuming is one of Gillmoss's E400MMC's is parked in the yard at Rock Ferry rubbed down for repaint, spotted at 0440 this morning as I drove to work.

HTH

Just been past in the daylight and it's SN16OTE, 10569

How long have the legal lettering on the Rock ferry vehicles had Stagecoach in Wirral on them.

Does this mean the Chester vehicles have a different title on there legal lettering.
(10/05/2021 07:38)wirralbus Wrote:  How long have the legal lettering on the Rock ferry vehicles had Stagecoach in Wirral on them.

Does this mean the Chester vehicles have a different title on there legal lettering.

They did when I started there back in 2013, the Rock Ferry based stuff said Stagecoach in Wirral and Chesters had Stagecoach in Chester. It wasn't always kept up to date, when buses passed from depot to depot they had a mix of Chester, Wirral and Merseyside on them

Edit : Quick Flickr search shows the ex First ultralows had Stagecoach in Wirral on the lettering from takeover
27258 has moved from rock ferry to preston, is anything to replace it?
(10/05/2021 10:51)callum101 Wrote:  27258 has moved from rock ferry to preston, is anything to replace it?

No idea if it's linked but Preston's 47129 was in the yard at RF a short while ago.

HTH

(10/05/2021 13:09)gka472l Wrote:  No idea if it's linked but Preston's 47129 was in the yard at RF a short while ago.

HTH

47129 was last out on the 1A in preston on the 7th of May.
(10/05/2021 07:38)wirralbus Wrote:  How long have the legal lettering on the Rock ferry vehicles had Stagecoach in Wirral on them.

There's something in the back of my head that's telling me it's....

Glenvale Transport Limited
T/A Stagecoach in (PRESTON - Lancashire, GILLMOSS - Merseyside, ROCK FERRY - Wirral, CHESTER - Cheshire)

Not too sure about the legality of the "trading as" bit is to where the bus is allocated and running from, it's the Glenvale bit that's the important bit.
(10/05/2021 20:03)SN55DVG Wrote:  There's something in the back of my head that's telling me it's....

Glenvale Transport Limited
T/A Stagecoach in (PRESTON - Lancashire, GILLMOSS - Merseyside, ROCK FERRY - Wirral, CHESTER - Cheshire)

Not too sure about the legality of the "trading as" bit is to where the bus is allocated and running from, it's the Glenvale bit that's the important bit.
I believe 'trading as' is meant to show that where branding and legal operator name are different, people can work out that it is the same company on the same licence.

To anyone who uses the legal lettering 'Glenvale Transport' doesn't exist. None of the registered routes are operating and Stagecoach are running lots of unregistered buses. It kind of allows 'Glenvale' to trade as 'Stagecoach'.

I think by and large, anyone who uses the legal lettering, will know the situation. That said, I do wonder why don't Stagecoach change the names on their Ops licence? Surely that has to be better than faffing around using old companies names which no longer have any relevance.
(11/05/2021 14:11)iMarkeh Wrote:  I believe 'trading as' is meant to show that where branding and legal operator name are different, people can work out that it is the same company on the same licence.

To anyone who uses the legal lettering 'Glenvale Transport' doesn't exist. None of the registered routes are operating and Stagecoach are running lots of unregistered buses. It kind of allows 'Glenvale' to trade as 'Stagecoach'.

I think by and large, anyone who uses the legal lettering, will know the situation. That said, I do wonder why don't Stagecoach change the names on their Ops licence? Surely that has to be better than faffing around using old companies names which no longer have any relevance.

Are you going to tell them how they should run their company then ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)