Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
The 16/17 and 91 needed them short wheelbase vehicles and as they are not that many in the fleet they can only be spared for a refurb / repaint as needs must. Also Covid19 now means all buses that are available for use are used.

Im not sure the Gold Buses other than the ones on the 471/472 are general user now in the Covid19 times , didnt we hear that Gold buses are soon going to be a thing of the past when stagecoach get there repainting schedule up and running at full pace.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I did see 1 of the Enviro 400 MMC buses at rick ferry depot a few nights ago which looked like it had been painted in the new livery but unfortunately I couldn't see its fleet number or reg plate.
(26/09/2020 15:46)iMarkeh Wrote:  Don't put money on that. The London buses have been around for 2 years and still aren't all repainted. You have the Gold Scania 400s where you can still see the X4 branding on and no attempt to put 1/X1 branding on. No USBs either on them.
It looks awful. Has only happened in the past few years but when I look now at what Rock Ferry are sending out compared to a few years back (in terms of quality for passengers), it's awful.

(Maintenance wise I can't comment but as a passenger, I can comment on the quality of buses from that perspective)

I really don't know what you expect them to do in the present times, don't know why you are having a moan about gold buses being a drop in quality either. Have you forgotten the times we are in. I suggest if you think you can do a better job then put yourself forward. Or do you want to go back to the rent a shed first bus days
(26/09/2020 20:05)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I really don't know what you expect them to do in the present times, don't know why you are having a moan about gold buses being a drop in quality either. Have you forgotten the times we are in. I suggest if you think you can do a better job then put yourself forward. Or do you want to go back to the rent a shed first bus days
It's been the past 2 years, it's not just right now otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.
(07/09/2020 16:35)Stevoj3026 Wrote:  27259 is also in Preston on 68 and 27266 is also on 111

27257 and 27266 are also at Preston now. These have all been unbranded.
15610, 15751 & 10883 all seem to be on 699, all three parked up by Greenbank Park so possibly 699 standby?

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
How many gold 300's have transferred to Preston,it seems hap-hazzard fleet no.wise.
(27/09/2020 12:12)bus401 Wrote:  How many gold 300's have transferred to Preston,it seems hap-hazzard fleet no.wise.

Think there's 3 or 4 gone to Preston
(26/09/2020 15:46)iMarkeh Wrote:  Don't put money on that. The London buses have been around for 2 years and still aren't all repainted. You have the Gold Scania 400s where you can still see the X4 branding on and no attempt to put 1/X1 branding on. No USBs either on them.
It looks awful. Has only happened in the past few years but when I look now at what Rock Ferry are sending out compared to a few years back (in terms of quality for passengers), it's awful.

(Maintenance wise I can't comment but as a passenger, I can comment on the quality of buses from that perspective)

What's the point in branding the X1 Enviro400s when they'd have to be debranded again when they inevitably go into the new livery? It'd be a waste of time and money

If you think that the quality of Rock Ferry's fleet is "awful" then you clearly haven't got a clue what it was like prior to Stagecoach taking over. The majority of the vehicles which were allocated were well over ten years old - and absolutely dreadful to put it politely - whilst the newest were over seven years old. If I remember correctly First didn't buy any new vehicles for Rock Ferry either (although I'm happy to be corrected on this). The difference in quality for passengers between the fleet just prior to the Stagecoach takeover and today's allocation are complete polar opposites and I know for a fact which of the two fleets passengers prefer

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(28/09/2020 16:48)SK15 GZG Wrote:  What's the point in branding the X1 Enviro400s when they'd have to be debranded again when they inevitably go into the new livery? It'd be a waste of time and money

If you think that the quality of Rock Ferry's fleet is "awful" then you clearly haven't got a clue what it was like prior to Stagecoach taking over. The majority of the vehicles which were allocated were well over ten years old - and absolutely dreadful to put it politely - whilst the newest were over seven years old. If I remember correctly First didn't buy any new vehicles for Rock Ferry either (although I'm happy to be corrected on this). The difference in quality for passengers between the fleet just prior to the Stagecoach takeover and today's allocation are complete polar opposites and I know for a fact which of the two fleets passengers prefer

Totally agree.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)