Current time: 19/04/2024, 08:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
(27/04/2020 15:20)ant17612 Wrote:  Click 1040 is currently operating from here.

Few depots have them now to use as staff shuttles , st Helen's have 1030 on the staff shuttle between the depot and st Helen's town centre and used on staff buses to adhere to social distancing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I don't follow that - surely it's easier to maintain distancing on a full size bus?
Wythenshawe generally use a car for driver transfers to Altrincham so they can spread out in a click bus

(28/04/2020 16:21)mikestone Wrote:  I don't follow that - surely it's easier to maintain distancing on a full size bus?

Works for me
(28/04/2020 16:21)mikestone Wrote:  I don't follow that - surely it's easier to maintain distancing on a full size bus?

Surely now these depots are running with just enough for vehicles for the jobs they have and some operationally spare vehicles to replace failures with the rest of the fleet SORN.

A minibus type vehicle will allow more than one driver to be transported but doesnt have the overheads of a full size bus , using a big bus is the economics of a mad house when every penny now counts on the balance sheet.
Seeing as it's been posted elsewhere - jungle drums seem to suggest Arriva Manchester is to be sold to Abellio. Assuming this would include Wythenshawe & Bolton depots. Anyone heard anything?
(29/04/2020 15:37)tyresmoke Wrote:  Seeing as it's been posted elsewhere - jungle drums seem to suggest Arriva Manchester is to be sold to Abellio. Assuming this would include Wythenshawe & Bolton depots. Anyone heard anything?
Where was this originally posted?

Abellio don't like local commercial buses. Look at Surrey. I can see them keeping their options open but not wanting to conclude any sale until franchising is confirmed and they know they can get work from the franchising.
(28/04/2020 14:06)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Few depots have them now to use as staff shuttles , st Helen's have 1030 on the staff shuttle between the depot and st Helen's town centre and used on staff buses to adhere to social distancing.

Ah that makes sense, cheers for that.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/04/2020 15:37)tyresmoke Wrote:  Seeing as it's been posted elsewhere - jungle drums seem to suggest Arriva Manchester is to be sold to Abellio. Assuming this would include Wythenshawe & Bolton depots. Anyone heard anything?

Cant see it being true I feel that Abellio would probaby go for Oldham if they wanted to enter Manchester.
(29/04/2020 17:06)iMarkeh Wrote:  Where was this originally posted?

Abellio don't like local commercial buses. Look at Surrey. I can see them keeping their options open but not wanting to conclude any sale until franchising is confirmed and they know they can get work from the franchising.

By a well connected enthusiast on Facebook but I have personally checked it out with a few industry friends and got the same answer from 3 different sources.
Abellio are very pro-franchising (see a report on their website they did re Manchester being franchised!) so I would suspect it is a move into the area before franchising happens. Just wondered if anyone had heard anything inside.
(29/04/2020 18:14)tyresmoke Wrote:  By a well connected enthusiast on Facebook but I have personally checked it out with a few industry friends and got the same answer from 3 different sources.
Abellio are very pro-franchising (see a report on their website they did re Manchester being franchised!) so I would suspect it is a move into the area before franchising happens. Just wondered if anyone had heard anything inside.

Abellio don't like commercial work (look at Surrey) so it would be a big risk. In the unlikely event Clown Burnham isn't re-elected or franchising doesn't happen. I would 100% see them trying to keep their options open and put in an offer ready but I can't see them wanting to conclude any sale until such a time franchising is confirmed.

User(s) browsing this thread: